Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 RPG Maker 2003
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:08 pm   Post subject: RPG Maker 2003

Anyone here use it? I got it recently, its great, with lots of tilesets and stuff, a person could really make a decent RPG with this, comes with all the events settings and stuff, anyone wanna check it out, go to
www.hosthongkong.com/~sam/utilites.php[/code]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NOt real programming m there are apps out there that can make quake 2 style FPS , with only the mouse , no coding needed ,that shows no skill , i dont appoved of things liek that , there is no pride , its the code that makes it what it is
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hm.. I was hoping this would be of some interest to people who would like to have fun making RPGs but don't have enough skill. me for one.
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its good fun to use it im not against that in any respect , but you end up with peoiple that submit games , and say they made it ( which they did ) and try to take fame with it , but really have no clue howto code and have no code to pride it with , ive seen to many people abuse those kind of programs
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea, I guess ur right, but there ARE if statements in it Laughing
we64

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if statements Laughing good job man for figuring that out, personally I don't like RPG games...
TheXploder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There is also Game Maker:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/gmaker/
you have more options with that one, no wories about filckering, or colision, its very simple script...
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

RPG maker is gr8 to steal title sets from. i basilk made RPG maker in turing for my ISU in grade 10. not that hard to make, basilky just a tile system with some files that tell the progame where to put what title and what title dose what. it is do bad that my app only worked in turing 3.1.1 othere wise i whould have posted the game i made in it and the map maker, moster maker and spell maker i made as well.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

game maker is actually fun to use, i used to use it to make simple maze games even before i knew how to code in turing. it helps in learning different structures, and there are variables in it. i don't know if it has changed though, cause i haven't used it in an year.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: