Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ccc 2014
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

No need to Nathan, the problems are already posted on the CCC unofficial solution site. So I am guessing that all the schools are finished writing the contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

If the problems are already publicly distributed, then you can go ahead with the discussions. I just recalled requests from previous years to hold off.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
cody

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:00 am   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2014

As an international student studying in Canada on visa, will I be invited to be a member of the Canadian IOI Team, if I score really well in stage 2?
(I know it sounds silly, but since i won't have a chance to represent my home country, so just wondering)
crossley7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:35 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

I don't suspect so. You should probably email Troy Vasiga directly and ask him.

Provided he hasn't stepped down in the last 2 years, he essentially heads up CCC and will be able to give you the answers you need.
clogfeed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:16 am   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2014

According to the site, unofficial CCC results have been emailed to the contest managers, and official CCC results will be posted in the afternoon of Thursday, April 3rd. I wonder if they'll delay it to midnight again.
clogfeed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

Sorry for double post, but yeah; the results are up!

http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/contests/computing.html

Their site says they'll be giving top junior contestants $100 and a plaque each. Is that still happening this year with over 300 winners?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/contests/recognition.html#ccc
Quote:

The top 2 Junior official contestants and the top 2 Senior official contestants in each region of the country receive a plaque and $100, and the schools of these competitors also receive a plaque

4 contestants * 5 regions = 20 awards in Stage 1
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
clogfeed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:44 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Ccc 2014

Tony @ Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:51 pm wrote:
http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/contests/recognition.html#ccc
Quote:

The top 2 Junior official contestants and the top 2 Senior official contestants in each region of the country receive a plaque and $100, and the schools of these competitors also receive a plaque

4 contestants * 5 regions = 20 awards in Stage 1

What happens in the case of a tie? Over 300 juniors all tied for first this time with perfect scores.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:06 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

Ah, I see. No idea what they are going to do. An alternative way of thinking is that all of those participants tied for the 341st place Wink

The results say "We will be contacting the winners and their schools with more detailed information about their prizes.", so something will be happening. We'd just have to wait and see.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: