Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Spybot - search & destroy evil browser hijacking
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:20 pm   Post subject: Spybot - search & destroy evil browser hijacking

I found a really good program that will kill evil browser hijacking stuff, like the one that comes with MSN messenger Plus! it takes my browser to "Not Found" 1 outta 10 pages I visit, and redirects it to an ad page, and it has that stupid search bar I can't kill. If you have this problem go here:

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya that is a good one, i got it on my systems. i remocned it in another post to day Razz

for anti-virus i remconed AVG, it is free and dose not give that dam 30 day traile thing. also has uptodate virus defs
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool, I've been ah using that stupid bullguard thing that kazaa gives you.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Spybot - search & destroy evil browser hijacking

paulbian wrote:
I found a really good program that will kill evil browser hijacking stuff, like the one that comes with MSN messenger Plus! it takes my browser to "Not Found" 1 outta 10 pages I visit, and redirects it to an ad page, and it has that stupid search bar I can't kill. If you have this problem go here:

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

with messenger plus, you can actually decide not to install all the stuff, you just during installation need to click "i decline" instead of i accept, because what the dialog box really says is if you want to install the sponsor program, not terms and conditions.

i use that s&d, it picked up some stuff norton didn't Very Happy
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can anyone reccommend a good free pop-up killer?
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ummmm there arnt that many that are free , the only free one i ever found actually installed spyware on my system
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I downloaded AVG, right after installation, there were several messages telling me its found "Trojan Horse" drop or something, but I wasn't able to fix it because it was in the restart computer phase of installation... now Im scanning, and its done, and it hasnt found anything!!!??
PS: any of you who knows anything about getting past windows log in and stuff, check my question in spam section, I posted there because I didn't think it was that important.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats kind of odd , i may have quarentined them before the reboot all by itself or it could just be a hook , so when you install you think wow this rally does work , it already found a virus , programs have been known to work on hooks , but im not sure what to say , ask dan i think he uses AVG Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it probly moved it to the "virus valute". AVG is a good progame no hooks.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I ran it for a second time, and it found a couple of files infected by "Trojan Horse: Dropper.Swicer.A", were they hiding or something? My dad's Norton Anti Virus wasn't able to find anything.
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

also adaware 6 is quitew handy as well and free.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

paulbian wrote:
I ran it for a second time, and it found a couple of files infected by "Trojan Horse: Dropper.Swicer.A", were they hiding or something? My dad's Norton Anti Virus wasn't able to find anything.

probly b/c AVG updates when u install it and ur norton is not updated. it is unlikey that AVG will delte files that are not inffected but u never know.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Infected files detected: 24
Virus removed by healing: 24
Viruses still on driveL 0
Smile Very Happy
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well it seems your done
naoki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well obviuosly CNET has a whole list of them
i think there's like at least 6 of one program called "pop-up killer" but they make you pay to register for full version. best if you get it free on kazaa ......
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: