Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 piano?
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Piano?
(No ending time set)
Yes, ARCT!
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Yes.
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Yes, but quit early.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
No.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

JayLo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: piano?

poll.
music, as the language of the world, is a dear thing to me.
is it for you?
do you have any conjectures to music and its benefits?
do you play?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sadly, I don't play the piano, but I also happen to be friends with couple million of asian kids who does play the piano, and are quite good at it. Ahh.....the beauty of stereotyping, it allows us to judge other people when we are too busy to get to know them, what a wonderful thing.

I'm like an oddball, I don't play the piano or violin, but I play the guitar, a classical one that is.
poly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well I can play chopsticks.... well actually to be honest I cant play the chopsticks, but i can play the drums
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I play the piano, but I hate it.
And wow an Asian person know doesnt play the Piano, Violin, Cello, Viola or Bass. Well at least u play a type of string instrument.
aliveiswell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i quit piano when i was a wee child and now i play acoustic/electric guitar. i can also break the strings on my uncles fiddle when he lets me use it Twisted Evil
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I played piano a bit years ago ... like grade 2-4 I think I quit grade 4.. I used to play guitar a bit, but now hardly any (I kinda stopped when my parents wouldn't let me play my kind of music)

now my only connection to music is listening to it
nate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I quit in grade 6

Fuck the piano i have better things 2 do
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i play violin , clarinet , and i sing in the CCH choir , ( suppoedly the best in canada , we see mto win every kiwanis festival in toronto each year ) and we compete in 6 classes , the piano comes naturally to me now thanks to all my music background , im part of a special music program at my high school for kids that went to st marys choir and orchestra elementry school Very Happy Very Happy music rox
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

f*** piano. This is my last year because once I finish grade 8 piano i get a high school crdit so its a little good.
JayLo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol. i play bass, acoustic guitar, violin, some drums, and piano... still, i must expand. i'm so bound to the constructs of classical piano. lousy harmony.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

don't forget the Saxomaphone!!! I play it... Laughing
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man, saxophone is so damn hard to play, i played it for like a week in music class then started to play trombone, which also sucked a lot though was easy then the sexomophone... oops did i say sexomophone 8)
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Trombone is actually harder than the sax, in the sense of playing well with it. It is really hard to get the lip vibration right to get the perfect tone, plus theres the added risk of getting ur teeth knocked out by some stupid person in front of you.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i always like hitting the flautists in front of me with the slide and having a valid excuse, great fun. i could never get a sound other then the sound of air when blowing through the saxophone
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: