Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What is the Best Menu System for a Paint Program?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheXploder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: What is the Best Menu System for a Paint Program?

I cannot figure out what kind of menu system to create so, what would be the best way to create a handy menu system?

There are the main names such as 'File' but I also need to figure out the sub headings, please post your suggestions or if you can correct mine:

code:

|File|
    ---------------------
    <-- New
    ---------------------
    <-- Open
    <-- Save
    <-- Save As...
    ---------------------
    <-- New Tile
    <-- New Map
    ---------------------
    <-- Export Tiles...
    <-- Export Map...
    ---------------------
    <-- Exit
    ---------------------

besiede File I'll put something like this:

code:

|Edit|
    ----------------------
    <-- Undo
    <-- Redo
    ----------------------
    <-- Cut
    <-- Copy
    <-- Paste
    <-- Delete
    ----------------------
    <-- Tile Properties
    <-- Map Properties
    ----------------------

Anything else I need to add?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
JayLo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Filter
-->Pattern Maker
-->Crystallise
-->Render
lol. no your menu system is cool
TheXploder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm actually gonna make a Turing Program using the system you give me... Smile
TheXploder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, here is the menu system I got, you can edit it and post it here if you like... or post it how I did just above...

*Note you need to export all the files into one folder, and then just run Main.t:

MenuSystem.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MenuSystem.zip
 Filesize:  2.49 KB
 Downloaded:  275 Time(s)

jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i tried it and it's really cool, but you can't click of the menu and get rid of it (the thing that pops down)
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing menus are twisted , you have to hold down and then release on the button you want to get it to work
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn turing, why don't they just go straight into a more difficult language in schools, people will eventually pick things up, won't they? Question
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno... Im just starting Java by myself, the syntax and format and stuff seems more difficult than turing, plus some people didn't know what they were getting themselves into when they take Compsci, in my grade 10 class, there are at least 5 people, outta the 25, that have little or no idea what they are doing on turing. (Which I blame partly on the teacher disappearing 30 min outta 1 hr of class), imagine them take a more difficult programming language at the beginning..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheXploder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Click off the menu, who would want that? Laughing
I'm making my own Menus and Buttons,
I want to be free, no dependance on Turing build in stuff... Wink

[edit] I would love a MORE difficult programming language. I'm in grade 10, and it's so booring... I am just learning ahead by my own...
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

paulbian wrote:
I dunno... Im just starting Java by myself, the syntax and format and stuff seems more difficult than turing, plus some people didn't know what they were getting themselves into when they take Compsci, in my grade 10 class, there are at least 5 people, outta the 25, that have little or no idea what they are doing on turing. (Which I blame partly on the teacher disappearing 30 min outta 1 hr of class), imagine them take a more difficult programming language at the beginning..

people in my class last semester were given really easy quizes like how to put info into a 10 element array and then be able to access it, and they couldn't do it... though that was because they didn't try to learn it and screwed around in class, maybe people need to work harder in compsci class to understand the stuff. (i wonder why i don't use periods a lot, humm)
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Free! Free as the wind blows! ahem... good for you, though what if I change my mind and want to click off menu??! what am I gonna do then??? Oh no, a never ending trap of non-clickoffable-menus. *pushes reset button on computer*
TheXploder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Now, don't loose your head...
It is just for you to look at, and you can adjust it within the program easily... Smile
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: