Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Watch your emails , here is what to look for
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: Watch your emails , here is what to look for

do not open an attahment from any email enclosing this line of text

" These values cannot be represented in ASCII code , they will be represented in 7-bit binary "

Anything remotly like that or around that be aware you have recieved the my doom virus , this virus is aimed at SCO , becuaseof there lawsuite on IBM , the virus makes it look like harmless individuals have made denial of service attacks on the SCO website , recently tech tv was blamed for one of hte attacks ,

If anyone actually knows of anyting to do wit hits origin there is a 250,00 $ ( USD ) bounty for the capture of the author , please be aware , this has been an update

from Shorthair and XOR company
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my parents got an email from rogers:
-the virus is called w32/mydoom@mm, and disguises itself as a text file
-it also has backdoor capabilities if it infects your computer

some other things the email says next to shorthair's:
-Mail transaction failed. Partial message is available
-the message contains Unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment

oh ya:
if your notepad pops up and displays random characters your pretty screwed

that's what rogers sent us... Very Happy
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha, so thats why Norton Antivirus was flashing at me "UPDATE ME NOW !"
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

$250,000? jeez i better get my hack on to find out who it is. NOw to learn how to hack.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, my norton just updated last night. Would hacker dan be capable of this, im not asking if he did it, just if he is capable of this.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hope this saves someone from getting the virus , Most ISP have blocked the actual attachment and just allowed to email to pass through , that what rogers did ( im on rogers ) ive got the emai l2 times , but yeah the big denial of service attack is set to happen on february first,
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hes capable of anything, hes probly sitting at his computer thinking who should I hack next muahahhahahaha
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's why people shouldn't piss him off of these boards, cause he logs ip and stuff (i think)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whats the deal with the emails? I didn't get any, how does the virus decide who to send it to? maybe its because I didn't use my email to sign-up for alot of stuff.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dont matter , i jsut got this compsc adders 2 weeks ago , and i got it 2 times ,it goes through address lists so it really will never end , go to the norton site it says tha it infects 8000 systems every minute , thats insane
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That is insane... 8000 suckers per minute...
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my mom will probably get it (im not in her address book though so that 's good) cause my aunts will open anything, probably even if it says "malicious file, please download". no offence meant against their intelligence.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

compsci.ca mail has goten alot of e-mails from the viurs. has been slwoing down the e-mail here a bit.

alougth i do think it is funny who it is trageting with the DOS.

also there is now a new veratent of the virus out, new DOS traget. it is going affter M$ now aswell Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is why address books are stupid. You'd think that after the first couple of times viruses started sending themselves to everyone in your address book people would be smart enough to not put people in their address book! But I guess if said people are stupid enough to open an email and download a suspicious attachment, they probably aren't thinking of what'll happen to the people in their address book.
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How bout we boycott address books and then burn them.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 44 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: