Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Return Of Pic~2~Code!!!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:25 am   Post subject: The Return Of Pic~2~Code!!!!!

Hey guys! Long time no see and whatever but hey!
Lately I've been working on a new program! Like the older version of
pic2code but this one is much better...This is not an update... it is a complete renewel of my program... so yea... I hope to have it posted here by the end of the week for sure (I hope)... but yea... just wait for it... and you'll be like... what is it... and then boom! lol j/k I'll post it as soon as I can!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OK.... here is the alpha release....its not much yet... but its useful-ish :S
well ok... here is what works :

You can undo everymove you make... ctrl+z
draw lines, ovals, boxes, text (some nice options for these)
{the make arc part of the oval tool is in testing stage still}
you can add comments to the previous action (draw line then add comment to it)
and when you save (ctrl+s) the file just saves as unnamed.t (saves the code)

please... any suggestions would be much appreciated.. tho many are already being taken into consideration Wink (lots to come Very Happy)
ok... well thats it for now.. soon the next version will be up Smile

[UPDATED]

Pic~2~Code.zip
 Description:
Extract and Run v.1.1

Download
 Filename:  Pic~2~Code.zip
 Filesize:  345.43 KB
 Downloaded:  934 Time(s)

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i realy love the intreface there.

gr8 paint progame

have some bits+
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

awsome app , is there polygon support yet?
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No....the polygon support is coming... very soon... prolly before the end of the month... or sooner (stupid exams!)... well yea... the only thing messed up is the arc... so far
thoughtful

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very nice here have some +10 Bits
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok I posted an update above.. there are many new things added this time
soon to be even more Very Happy

Colour Palette
Drawing of Arcs
and some more stuff too... forgot.. but yea.. its in the release notes.

P.S. - if you download this file please tell me what you think about it so far, what could make it better, and if you find any bugs or glitches... please and thank you Smile

till the next update Smile
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You Cease to amaze me delta , with another awsome update to the long loved Pic 2 Code , but one thing , Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad NO POLYGON SUPPORT , i was so happy when you put the update out , but now its just now the same
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok...just for you shorthair... I'll make my next update have polygon support... Smile... prolly be out before this friday I hope Smile
white_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that is just awesome!!!!!!!!! dunno how u did it?!?!?!?!
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks theres 17 bits in it for ya , so you get an even 200 , well thats if you still have 183 bits of course , well what ever you have il even it out to 200 Very Happy thanks for workin on this update
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

YAY! Bits... I love bits... tho I haven't really bought anything (lack of bits :S)... but ya.. thanks... I have been working on the quick colour panel so you don't need to go back and forth to the colour palette each time you want a new colour... it lets you load upto six colours (6 for outlines, 6 for filling, 6 for text, and 6 for the drop shadows)

I won't release it until I have the polygons done too... they keep giving me trouble Mad but hopefully soon they'll be ready Smile
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's sounding awesome... i'd give bits but im in short supply and im saving to colourfy and effectify my name.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

awesome app Very Happy

some sujestions for future releases:
Redo (Ctrl+Y) (in case you've gone too far back with undo)

and Advance Mode. What I mean by that is ability to view and (very important) edit the code directly on the side.

I think it would be a very cool addition cuz it's your entire history of drawing right there. You could go back to a certain box (if you can find it... but you could add helpers such as highlights of elements fitting search criteria) and change one of it's properties such as color. Or if you want to extend something... Everything will be a vector Wink

oh yeah, and now since v4.0.5 is out, you can use View.UpdateArea to get rid of flashing and perhaps even improve app's performance
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank You! Finally I get some really useful feed back (not that the rest of you are useless.. just less useful than Tony Smile ... no offense).. but ya.. thank you... I'll do the redo option for sure editing the code I will see how that goes :S ... I have a program that already allows movement of lines (stretching and whatnot), ovals, boxes... but everything gets really messy after the tips of the lines touch or the ovals are in the same spot.... then movements you don't want happening happen Sad ... but if I feel that will be uber useful... then I might just think about it... don't get your hopes up for anytime soon Sad :S

Thanks to all Smile
more feedback is always good Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: