Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Question About Power Outlets in M3 1006 at the University of Waterloo
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
randint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:05 pm   Post subject: Question About Power Outlets in M3 1006 at the University of Waterloo

So, I am now a frosh @ UW, and just visited M3 1006 as part of Orientation Week. I have a question for the plugs in that room (or for any room in M3 in general): why is it so hard to plug a 3-pronged laptop power cord into one of those? I do not suppose they are broken or something......
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sur_real

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Question About Power Outlets in M3 1006 at the University of Waterloo

Those plugs on the desk?
Probably poorly designed so that it entices you to go to class but then you find out that they're actually cosmetics.
randint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:42 am   Post subject: RE:Question About Power Outlets in M3 1006 at the University of Waterloo

Oh...wow...! Anyhow, I have MTHEL 131 in M3 1006 from 6:30 to 9:20 PM on Wednesdays......
crossley7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:09 am   Post subject: RE:Question About Power Outlets in M3 1006 at the University of Waterloo

They are half decent. You might have just gotten a bad plug. I've seen a number of people use them in class though if you have enough battery life it is easier to not deal with it.
randint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Question About Power Outlets in M3 1006 at the University of Waterloo

My laptop battery life is 1.5 hours, whereas my class is twice as long.
crossley7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Question About Power Outlets in M3 1006 at the University of Waterloo

In that case plug in or take notes the old fashioned way. You will probably get more out of the class if you do that actually
randint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:01 am   Post subject: RE:Question About Power Outlets in M3 1006 at the University of Waterloo

In an extreme case, I have a solution--to buy an external battery from the manufacturer of the computer which gives 10 hours of battery, which is usually enough for one day because if it is not, maybe it can be charged up somewhere on campus.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: