Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Well, the PS3 has Uncharted and The Last of Us, so you've got to have one of those, and if you love Halo or Gears of War, you need a 360. If you want your Nintendo games, you clearly need a Wii/U.

Also all the people who had a 360, and also wanted a cheap Blu-ray drive.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Panphobia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:18 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Nathan4102 @ Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:17 pm wrote:
Panphobia @ Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:41 pm wrote:
I have the Ps3, 360 and a Wii-U atm, I have to say the feel of the 360 controllers is the best of all the ones I have. It fits your hands the best.

Jesus, you have a PS3, 360, AND Wii-U? I don't see a point in having more than 1 top-gen console, especially 360-PS3. Besides a few exclusives, they do basically the same thing.
It isn't my fault I have them, I bought only the PS3 and Wii-U myself, the 360 is my brothers. Also the only reason I got a Wii-U was because of anticipation for the new super smash bros.
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:24 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Insectoid @ Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm wrote:
Also all the people who had a 360, and also wanted a cheap Blu-ray drive.
I really wish they'd update the 360 with a bluray drive. I hate having two devices for that. Too late now, I guess.
noodle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

I was looking to get a knock-off WiiU or 3DS.
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Holy hell.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Wow! I was really hoping they'd do this, didn't expect them to though. They might have just won back a customer (and many more), nice job Microsoft.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Microsoft has to really screw up to pull a complete 180 like that. Now if only they'd listen in regards to win8...
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

it would've seriously killed their sales if they didn't
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BigBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Now people will complain that they can't play games from their 10 family members.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

I can play games with my 10 family members by letting them use my profile on the console. When you buy a downloaded console game, is it available for all users on that console? It should be. If it's not, that's messed up. It already boggles the mind that you pay for Live subscriptions per user rather than per console.
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:01 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Insectoid @ Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:25 pm wrote:
I can play games with my 10 family members by letting them use my profile on the console. When you buy a downloaded console game, is it available for all users on that console? It should be. If it's not, that's messed up. It already boggles the mind that you pay for Live subscriptions per user rather than per console.
Typically licenses are per-user or per-console. That is, any user can play your content on the console it's registered with. This is why you transfer your licenses when you get a new one. You can also play your content on any console you sign into.

You can buy family live subscriptions and games generally allow guests to play under your profile. They usually appear as "Profile (1)" and do not earn any achievements, but they can still play.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm disappointed they reversed their decision. I'm glad to see some things gone (24 hour check in, why is that necessary?), but it's unfortunate I'll have to carry around discs to play. For the most part it really didn't sound different from Steam.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

As a Nintendo/Gaming PC fan boy, I just enjoy watching the two fight.

In my totally subjective opinion, I feel that Gaming PC + Wii U + 3DS gives you the best coverage of exclusives, game play experience and graphics (from the gaming PC). However, if you are not a Zelda, Mario and DK fan I could see how the Wii U might not be appealing with the current limited game selection.

To touch on rdrake's last post, I have never understood why people love Steam with it's rather restrictive DRM but almost riot over EA or Microsoft doing the same. Steam is rather convenient but I don't like the idea of someone having the ability to take away my games on a whim.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Zren

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:25 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

Dan @ Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:47 pm wrote:
To touch on rdrake's last post, I have never understood why people love Steam with it's rather restrictive DRM but almost riot over EA or Microsoft doing the same. Steam is rather convenient but I don't like the idea of someone having the ability to take away my games on a whim.

You should check out GoodOldGames http://gog.com if you dislike DRM. They specialize in it and are having a Summer Sale atm.

http://www.cheapshark.com/browse?storeID=6
gohabsgo007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

It's 2015, same price yet XBOX ONE is better, better games, Titanfall, Halo 4, Halo 5 Gaurdians, (should i keep going...)
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Thoughts on Xbox One vs PS4?

PS4 has The Last of Us. 'nuff said.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 41 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: