Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Meteors (similar to Asteroids??)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:53 pm   Post subject: Meteors (similar to Asteroids??)

Here I have included my newest accomplishment, Meteors. It is 1 or 2 player, and the objective is to destroy the incoming meteors before they destroy the earth. (below you). You will gain upgrades along the way, and dont give up!

VERSION UPDATED... v1.2

Meteors.ZIP
 Description:
DanShadows: Meteors, v1.2

Download
 Filename:  Meteors.ZIP
 Filesize:  277.68 KB
 Downloaded:  396 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it may be just my comp, but the meteors all fall to the earth before i can comprehend what is happening. Sad
DanShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow...your computer m ust be realllllly fast...geez...ill update it later so that you can specify a delay
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dude!

The graphics look good. But it runs waaaaaay too fast.

I'm on a 900mHz Athalon.

Oh yeah, just so that you know, Turing's Time commands are irritating. They run off processor speed, not real time (I think...I've tested this and my theory works).

Therefore, a delay (100) on a slow computer could possibly be longer than a delay (100) on a fast one...

Meh.

Ah well, we do what we can with what we have.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There, I updated it to version 1.1...now it request that you specify the delay you want.... Very Happy This should help you immensley
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Looking good.

Although, when I shoot - I can move the ship before the laser finishes.

How about changing it so that the laser fired is a moving box, not a growing line. A bit more challengin, I'd say.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, man 1.1 is cool, but it doesn't allow me to lose, when i miss a meteor and it hits the "earth" it doesn't do anything. Maybe im not waiting long enough. Thinking
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nno you only lose when you gethit in this one i belive , also the delay made it alot better , thanks for the quick update Dan
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Your welcome, and ill update to v1.2 soon...il s tart working on those bugs. (and ill m ake it so the laser follows the ship. Wink ) And you lose when ALL the meteors hit the earth...then its destroyed.

[Edit] Ok, v1.2 is ready for action! I've upgrade so that the laser moves while the s hip moves, and that meteors get destroyed if they hit anywhere on your laser, not just the tip. Very Happy
GliTCh:
- On upgrade window, text wont show up....I attempted mak ing a whole new window called "upgrade"...cls,redrawing the text, t hen exiting it when your done....but the problem is that it wont show up there either...
Sad Any suggestions on how to overcome this??

[Meteors Updates]
Version 1.1
- Added requested delay feature to get the user to enter in an appropriate delay to suit th eir computer speed.
Version 1.2
- Made it so the laser moves as the ship moves
- Added new window that opens in upgrade
- v1.2 edit--> Switched upgrade values, fixed glitch
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay one last thing id love to see , a counter for the total asteroides and how many have a ppeared , and score so like 10 pre asteroid , also what triggers the upgrade t oopen , are you secretly keeping a score count Twisted Evil
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: