Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Most Amazing Video ever and olny 64KB
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Triple Five

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:16 pm   Post subject: The Most Amazing Video ever and olny 64KB

This movie is absolutely amazing. At only 64KB this movie plays for around 10-15 minutes with very powerful graphics and sound. I have no idea how they did it. This is a must see! Note: You must have at least DirectX 8.0 to view.

http://www.theproduct.de/fr08_final.zip

plz reply with comments Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this is called a demo (its not a movie)

here are some more
http://www.pouet.net/
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow...that was...amazing...
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im not seeing anything, and i know i have directx 8.0.

oh ya, and what is a demo about...
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

......dont work for me.... i believe it would... except my PC isn;t fast and no 3d vid card... only a 2mb, and also i only have pent 1, 120 mhz...64 mb ram... so yea/..... ill check it out at school, with their wicked PC's, PS (My computer runs like a pent 2,with 138mb ram tho) (Pro Config)
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you let it load up?
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i don't think it is loading up, it goes fullscreen, then is minimized, then i click on it in the taskbar and then a window comes up which is black... ahhhhhh too much trouble for a demo thing
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its awsome , theres bee nstory about the guys who make them for years , there all underground programmers , with really wicked techniques ,
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"wicked" is an understatement.

To take dX to that level...wow.

I need to get me a shovel!
LovelyCrap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The efficiency of their code is absolutely amazing but the graphics are somewhat underwhelming.

BTW, after the credits play, there is a ton of stuff to read.... The music loops and so does the graphics.

Those with new and expensive video cards should take a look at these:
ATi Technology Demo List
You may have trouble running the Direct X9 demos if you do not own a powerful video card. Most people should be able to run the Radeon 7000 and 8000 demos. The Radeon 9800 demos shows what Dx can really do.

Note: Each demo is meant to take advantage of the power and features of their respective video cards. Running a demo designed for a video card you do not own should work however, certain graphical features may not display properly (due to lack of hardware support).

If you do not have a awesome video card, you can watch the mpeg version (not as fun).
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for 64 k i dont care what they did , the first 5 seconds made it worth it , they did an awsome juo , 3 cheers to whoever is reasponsible for this crazyness
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow! I mean WOW!
I keep seing floating lables like: grass1 , obj1 and stuff, are they suppose to be there or is it just me?
It is amazing, but I keep getting a sense of someone trying to brainwash me...
"The product will make you beautiful..."
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The labels are meant to be there
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: