Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

It's also worth pointing out that when it comes to buying a new computer, my experience tells me that the vast majority of consumers do not consider the keyboard at all. It's not that they ignore a bad keyboard, or aren't willing to pay for a better one...

It simply never enters their minds as a critical component of a notebook computer.

Ironically those shopping for a notebook will often cite the presence of a physical keyboard as the decisive reason they aren't buying a tablet... and then not bother to choose a good keyboard.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

Well the crappiest laptop keyboard is still better than what you get on a tablet. Unless the tablet has a good physical keyboard extension, like the surface TYPE (not touch) cover, or some of the asus ones.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

Setting that aside, it's tragic to say that you won't buy a tablet because you want a physical keyboard, and then say you don't care about the quality of that keyboard.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

Yes it is, keyboards are pretty important. I wouldn't spend more than a reasonable amount (maybe like $50 on a $1000 laptop) to get a good keyboard, but I also couldn't buy a laptop with such a crappy keyboard.

It's frustrating because it seems to me that these keyboards are all relatively new, and I don't imagine it'd be that difficult to ship english speaking parts of canada the US laptop, and only ship the french one to quebec, but maybe it does make a huge difference.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

I actually bought a mechanical keyboard for my laptop because the laptop keyboard was shit. So now I have to lug around a huge hulking keyboard everywhere I go, over than the keyboard the laptop is really nice, so I would say that is a sacrifice I had to make.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Sorry totally relevant.
Zren

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

Oh god, it's got a turbo button.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:46 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

Zren @ 2013-04-25, 11:04 pm wrote:
Oh god, it's got a turbo button.

A turbo key. That's just wrong.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

So if you miss the up arrow you could either hit the turbo, sleep, or power.... Yep I elect this as the worst keyboard to exist, that was not specifically designed to be evil.
BigBear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:07 am   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

What would a turbo button key do?

I know the turbo button on the tower slows down the CPU, but I don't think a keyboard would have that access would it?
Raknarg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:14 am   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

It's like my stupid keyboard which has a sleep button above the esc key, so sometimes I'll mijudge the distance and put my friggin keyboard to sleep -.-'
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:49 am   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

BigBear I have no idea, and I'm kinda scared. The keyboard could kindly ask to go into turbo mode, but I imagine that only works on the oldest of computers.

Sleep buttons should be kept to the far right at the top, where you don't normally go.
andrew.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

The turbo probably works like turbo on a controller: when you have it enabled, whatever key you hold is repeatedly pressed really fast.
CoonorHunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:12 am   Post subject: RE:Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

Just because of their funtionality.
raysosher

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:25 am   Post subject: Re: Why are crappy keyboards becoming popular?

I know right?. People are buying low costs keyboard now a days. They are forgetting that mechanical keyboard exists and they run for a life time if used with care. China are making so many keyboards which have lag and the keys fall off after months. That is just sad.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: