Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

If a MC server was made, would you play it?
(No ending time set)
Yes! Im a MC legend!
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Naw, I've got better things to do(LIES)
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

jr5000pwp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 am   Post subject: Re: Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

Quote:
Legal and easier than getting a pirated client.

How in the world would you consider that legal? I'm sorry but that is one of the stupidest things I've heard. Just because you can abuse an exploit to play something for free doesn't mean that it's legal. For some programs I can disable my internet connection, enter a random key in a certain format and since it can't validate online it will activate for free. Does that mean it's legal? No.

Besides, there is a difference between playing locally and bypassing the security measures in place for online play. Offline games for the purpose of allowing unregistered users to play is wrong. The intended use of that is for LAN parties, cases where an internet connection isn't required to connect to peers. It's not a free pass to host 'cracked' servers.

CTM isn't good for more than 4 people, and even then they all need to play at the same time, so it's not 24/7.
UHC is difficult to get right in a 24/7 setting. I mean you could allow for respawn (Ruins the point of UHC), do a temp-ban on death situation, or do a reset every few days. It is best played in rounds of either Free-For-All or Teams
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvn4lmV9i4I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hniVdzYI7F8
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 am   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

Yeah, I'm watching Etho's season 9 vids right now.

We could do teams of two with 10 or so people if Sly invites more people, and make the arena a little smaller, like 1000x1000 for a faster game.

E: What would the objective be though? Ender dragon? Or last man standing?
jr5000pwp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:23 am   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

I was watching kurts series originally, but I decided to watch the first 4 of generiks afterwards and that was a good decision. If you have time I'd go and watch that team because they have a really good series going.
I like the idea of the ender dragon because it forces people towards an objective. It forces the nether interactions and maybe even some end interaction. However, I feel like it is best to tackle the dragon in teams of 3-4 rather than 2. Teams of 2 are great for simple last team standing situations though.
Sly14Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

@jr5000pwp

The dumbest thing you've ever heard? How is it illegal, when you play the demo of Minecraft which is freely SUPPLIED BY MOJANG, you get the "Play Offline" choice after playing the demo at least once. Tell me where you see illegal. Also, you can get the .jar from MOJANG which is also freely SUPPLIED BY MOJANG. Might want to rethink the dumbest thing you've ever heard.

Mojang CLEARLY knows that this is going on and would implement a measure to stop this from being done in their own legitimate clients. If you want to play LAN, you can do it without playing offline.

I respect your opinion and your knowledge but you can clearly do it without the uncalled rudeness.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but CompSci did have a minecraft server but I don't think it was updated past 1.8.1.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

Yeah, that's long outdated. I think sly is hosting a 1.5.1 (or whatever the latest version is) server soon.
Sly14Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

I was thinking Nathan4102 and jr5000pwp could help me out with the map editing.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

Sure thing, PM me if you wanna discuss specifics.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sly14Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

By the way guys I learned how to make a spawner spawn custom mobs wearing anything and holding anything you desire. I was thinking of making a central area with 4 warps (maps): Survival, Skywars 2.0, Archer Wars (An idea I've been meaning to implement for months) and Mob Arena

I've gotten very good with the scoreboard system. Willing to help ?
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:02 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

Sure, I know 0 java, so I can't do any of that plugin stuff, but I can build! Wink

E: Not sure about the others, but survival will be the only thing I play. I only really play for the challenge.
Sly14Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

BTW survival will be ultra challenging. Hardcore 1-Day ban.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

Perfect. Smile You know how to make these plugins?
Sly14Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

No. But one day ban is basically doing /pardon @a at a certain time every day. Also I learned how to make custom mob spawners (ie Spawning with armor, weapons, effects etc.) for the arena and custom villagers that trade what you want for whatever you want. I just learned that you can stack swords.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

I think it would be worth getting a java programmer to make the plugins for the 1 day bans, I don't think its hard. Maybe ask the minecraft forums.
Sly14Cat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:52 am   Post subject: RE:Poll: Who is interested in playing a CompSci MC Server?

Why would I go through so much trouble to get a programmer and have him make a plug in when I can just go to the computer, click on the server console and type /pardon @a once a day.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: