Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Dark BASIC?
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Should we add Dark BASIC to compsci.ca?
(No ending time set)
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Meh
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Dark What?
51%
 51%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 47

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:10 pm   Post subject: Dark BASIC?

whould u guys whont Dark BASIC to be one of the fourms on this site? whould any one uses it?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry but , how come i fight for 2 weeks for a forum or even some space for Blitz Basic , with a free game of mine , a tutorial in the language , and about 2 paragraphs of info , for blitz basic , and no one says anything or replys Crying or Very sad , and i have fought that we really need both Blitz and Dark , dark is more expensive and needs about 6 addons to get full potential , whe nblitz coes with everything , also dark has uses directX 9 meaning that it will only run on the top pc's with 9.0B , blitz is designed on purpose with 7 so that other users can use gams made with it , and i also said that i am willing to put say 30 + tutorials on the language up on compsci , and offerhelp to anyone , just lok at how much time i spend here and my total posts in jsut over a month , im dedicated to programming , id like to have a chance for my language aswell , and im good with it , back to front ..... Embarassed , id jsut really like a chance , to try interest people out there
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well right now i am not shure ether will get on. but may be we could make a joint fourm for both of them....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

, That is what im looking to see , rename the VB to basic , and then have VB , Blitz and dark as sub forums , if it were to ever happen in the first place , im jsut telling you that i would be dedicated to making it slick , and full of new stuff all the time , im now growing out of turing finaly , and ive adapted to this language , either or , you can see that cokmpsci has some wasted forums that no one has ever even posted in , but id like to make an interest in the BASIC language , we jsut have so many hardcore gamers around here , a person can make a FPS like quake in under 1 thousand lines of code , its a spirit liter language , but admin just think about this one , Very Happy Very Happy , once again , thanks for hostin an awsome learing site
santabruzer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ha ha.. you seriously are enjoying your compsci.ca stalking aren't you Razz ... Dark Basic.. if i actually knew where to get it.. and how to use it.. it might be an idea.. anyone care to explain
McKenzie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

santa, santa, santa,
Try the good old search feature, there was a recent talk about it. They gave this link http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com
santabruzer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

not wanting to spam, but actually after i made that post, i looked it up, and now i'm wondering the "free" deal they are offering to schools.. is that worth/ should that be pursued.... maybe a Dark Basic Club can be opened in the school.. This Thing...
McKenzie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I like game programming because it encourages students to learn programming and have fun. If the students use C++ or Java they are also learning a valuable/transferable skill. I'm not convinced that Dark Basic has that same transferability (I could be wrong, BASIC seems to be making a comeback thanks to VB)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno, Im reading into Java Applets, does anyone use those anymore?
I think blitz basic is a good idea, it sounds fun, and plus shorthair sounds like he is determined.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think your the first person to notice , Very Happy
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no dude, i was i just didn't post. in the beginning of the other basics look how much it has grown. all the tutorials by shorthair, all the spam and alittle code by cervantes and i and now maverick has been recruited. we will soon overtake turing, in around 200 yhears but there i sthe sttill teh potientio.l.
aside

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have no idea what dark basic is at all. some kind of programming language i assume?
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: