Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:41 pm   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

You have a messed up teacher if your beginning language was assembly.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 pm   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

Define how it works. You mean just organization wise? Like how one programs with it?
ryan.s

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 am   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

Hi Trishume,

I would like to congradulate you on OpenTuring, it is a lot better... I was wondering though if you have a syntax file for the turing language, or if there is one somwhere within the installation files.

Thanks,
Ryan
Dazzle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:02 pm   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

Question? Dose this work on mac??
Raknarg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:59 pm   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

Doubt it. But if you expect to be able to program on a mac, you're probably going to have a bad time (i think)
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

Quote:
But if you expect to be able to program on a mac, you're probably going to have a bad time (i think)

Based on what?

I've been programming on a mac since 11th grade. I ran Turing in Wine, which worked just fine. Compilers & interpreters for almost all major languages are included with the OS install disks (or disk images, for the more recent releases) and are very easy to install. There's no reason programming on osx should be difficult at all.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 pm   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

Oh, I haven't done any real research, I just heard people talking about how it's annoying to program with osx, cause of limited functionality or something. Maybe they were talking about something else
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 pm   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

OSX has as much functionality as Linux and Windows. It simply doesn't have access to Windows APIs and libraries, same as any other non-Windows platform.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

In a lot of ways, OSX is more functional than Windows for programming. At the very least, it has a worthwhile shell. Programming in Windows feels like being chained to an anchor.

I don't know how true it is, but I've also heard a lot of complaints that xcode is very unstable. Anyone have personal experience?
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:08 pm   Post subject: RE:New Open Turing Editor Beta - Now with inline documentation, parameter tips, code completion and more.

I've only used it a couple of times. I mostly program in a text editor and console, 'cause I don't like bulky IDEs. When I did use it though, I had no issues.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: