Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ccc2013
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
d310

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:12 am   Post subject: Re: Ccc2013

No, standard time limits of 1 second, and 6 seconds.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
y4y

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc2013

I had an interesting idea.
I too wanted the test cases and thought that it's possible to extract them using the online grader.

idk how restricted the submissions are but my idea was to have python code that simply posts all the input to some page where you have code to log said data.

btw it's too late now.... and this I didn't really plan on doing it just a thought
bbi5291

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:59 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Ccc2013

y4y @ Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 am wrote:
I had an interesting idea.
I too wanted the test cases and thought that it's possible to extract them using the online grader.

idk how restricted the submissions are but my idea was to have python code that simply posts all the input to some page where you have code to log said data.

btw it's too late now.... and this I didn't really plan on doing it just a thought

http://cemclinux1.math.uwaterloo.ca/ wrote:
Any unauthorized access, attempts to circumvent the security controls, or abuse of the system will result in DISQUALIFICATION from all contests.

Also, it probably won't work. It's straightforward to prevent processes from opening sockets.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc2013

not that unique of an idea. DWITE prevents that by evaluating submissions from within a VM that blocks outbound network connections.

in CCC's case my understanding is that the handful of people that make the Stage 2 cutoff get their submissions reviewed; so such would simply get you disqualified.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
y4y

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:34 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Ccc2013

Tony @ Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 am wrote:
not that unique of an idea. DWITE prevents that by evaluating submissions from within a VM that blocks outbound network connections.

in CCC's case my understanding is that the handful of people that make the Stage 2 cutoff get their submissions reviewed; so such would simply get you disqualified.

alright then, seems like a simple solution, I didn't even think that far ahead.
Like I said I wasn't planning on doing it and thought there might already be countermeasures against it.
It was just a thought that popped in my head, I don't even know python but knew that it had easy to use built in libraries for sockets/http requests.

btw this system does interest me how did you build the dwite system or similar grading systems?
Is there some form of open source code for platforms like this?

and is it true that this is the system used at UW by compsci profs?

sorry if I'm going a bit off topic, just interested that's all.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc2013

Dan can better talk about DWITE's internals. In short, there's a front end that takes submissions and a backend that is running a queue of grading tasks. The grading happens in a controlled environment via the use of VMs.

UW does not use DWITE's tech, but some profs do use automated grading systems in class (this works very well for compiler courses). The name of the system escapes me at the moment.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
linuxp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc2013

d310 @ Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:12 am wrote:

But rule No.11 on instruction booklet says: " The Senior problems be given one minute of execution time per test case on a Pentium-4 class computer running at 2GHz, and similarly, one minute of execution time on the on-line grader. "

Cool

O_O

@_@ @_@ @_@

Liars?
coolgod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc2013

Anyone else's score went down during the remark on the online graded? Mine went down 7 marks for #4.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bbqchps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc2013

linuxp @ Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 pm wrote:
d310 @ Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:12 am wrote:

But rule No.11 on instruction booklet says: " The Senior problems be given one minute of execution time per test case on a Pentium-4 class computer running at 2GHz, and similarly, one minute of execution time on the on-line grader. "

Cool

O_O

@_@ @_@ @_@

Liars?

I was wondering if anyone had clarification on this as well Neutral
Panphobia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc2013

Is this strange or not? I just handed in the exact program for question 2, on the post contest, and I got 15/15, but when I did it on Tuesday, I got 6/15?
dnkywin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:30 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc2013

Has anyone heard of anyone who's gotten 75/75 yet? #5 was pretty difficult :/
Halls McSmurfin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:10 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Ccc2013

Panphobia @ Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:29 pm wrote:
Is this strange or not? I just handed in the exact program for question 2, on the post contest, and I got 15/15, but when I did it on Tuesday, I got 6/15?

Check your submissions during the contest again; they were rejudged.
crossley7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc2013

For the 1 minute problem, if it is taking your solution a minute to run, I can guarantee you are not doing it properly or you are using a language with ridiculous amounts of overhead.

Also, if you take the computer they are referencing, that is about 1-6 seconds on the waterloo computers which is where I suspect they are running them off of. Might be a bit more time but you really aren't losing much. The number of operations performed in 1 second is enormous.

Waterloo profs use a system called marmoset which is very similar to the CCC system but it is a different one.
linuxp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:17 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Ccc2013

crossley7 @ Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:26 pm wrote:
For the 1 minute problem, if it is taking your solution a minute to run, I can guarantee you are not doing it properly or you are using a language with ridiculous amounts of overhead.

Also, if you take the computer they are referencing, that is about 1-6 seconds on the waterloo computers which is where I suspect they are running them off of. Might be a bit more time but you really aren't losing much. The number of operations performed in 1 second is enormous.

Waterloo profs use a system called marmoset which is very similar to the CCC system but it is a different one.

I don't know am i using a pro algorithm, but my solution get 75/75 in 1 minute limit, but only 65 in 1/6s limit.
The problem is they gave us wrong information.
Just imagine if your teacher gave you an essay and told you 800 words minimum.
But after you hand it in, your teacher tells you, OMG sorry bro, it was 2000 words minimum, you all lose 20% mark for that.
What's your feelings?
ttm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc2013

I didn't use the online grader but my solution to S5 ran in <3 seconds for all cases...
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 8  [ 118 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: