Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help with making random operators in python
Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
silvermatt23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 pm   Post subject: help with making random operators in python

im working on a program in pythonthat will generate random numbers and a random math opperator. and then it will solve the the problem. i dont know to generate the opperator though. can some one help?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sur_real

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:34 pm   Post subject: RE:help with making random operators in python

You can just map an unique integer to each operator and generate a random integer which will correspond to that operator.
silvermatt23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:43 pm   Post subject: RE:help with making random operators in python

Thanks, but I don't know how to do that. Can u give me like an example. It will be very helpful thanks
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 pm   Post subject: RE:help with making random operators in python

If 0 means "add" and 1 means "subtract", then 2 means...
silvermatt23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 am   Post subject: RE:help with making random operators in python

Ok but do they have to be strings or can I just type in 0=+ etc?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:30 pm   Post subject: RE:help with making random operators in python

What do you think they should be?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
rdrake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 am   Post subject: Re: help with making random operators in python

This should get you started...

Python:
>>> ops = [lambda x, y: x + y, lambda x, y: x - y]
>>> ops[0](5, 5)
>>> ops[1](5, 5)
   Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: