Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 QNX - Real Time
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tallguy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:33 pm   Post subject: QNX - Real Time

Sup Guys,

Been a while, in my third year of college. Have any of you worked with the QNX OS and its IDE? Find it interesting how the whole system works, any thoughts/ past experience on it?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 am   Post subject: Re: QNX - Real Time

I've dabbled. Smile What exactly are you curious about? At a high level QNX is very Unix-like and quite well documented, while Momentics should be fairly easy to pick up with any prior Eclipse experience.
BigBear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:50 pm   Post subject: RE:QNX - Real Time

Are you at Algonquin College?
Tallguy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 am   Post subject: Re: QNX - Real Time

[quote="[Gandalf]"]
I've dabbled. ) What exactly are you curious about? At a high level QNX is very Unix-like and quite well documented, while Momentics should be fairly easy to pick up with any prior Eclipse experience.
[/quote]

what kind of programs have you made for QNX, im doing a program to simulate a phone call using multiple threads etc.

BigBear wrote:

Are you at Algonquin College?

i am sir, in my third (and last) year
btiffin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:28 am   Post subject: RE:QNX - Real Time

Have a friend working at QNX (Blackberry I guess now).

Always respected the deterministic nature of QNX, but had already bought Coherent back in the 80's, and then the 90's came and Slackware was free.

Still respect QNX, and our company has some previous gen telephony hardware licensed with the OS. These decade old machines never fail to boot up. If the hardware works, the software works.

Cheers
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: