Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Advanced Placement
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Panphobia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:47 pm   Post subject: Advanced Placement

Is there an Advanced Placement programming exam, because I know there is a chemistry,physics,accounting, and other science AP exams that are offered. But if there is an AP programming exam, could you tell me what kind of things would be on it? Like how much more than the grade 12 curriculum.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Advanced Placement

Yes, but since CS curriculum isn't well defined, the differences very much depend on your particular school.

When I've done my AP exam way too many years ago, I think a large part of it relied on the expectation that you work through the object-oriented design project, with some basic algorithms and data-structures along the way.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Advanced Placement

Is there any way to prepare for it?
Panphobia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Advanced Placement

and also I heard that if you pass it with a certain grade, you can skip first semster comp sci in university? is this credible at all?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Advanced Placement

prepare: yes, actually do the course material.

skipping first uni course: supposedly yes, but it will likely depend on the specific university.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: