Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is it possible to make an exception to write the DWITE without teacher supervision?
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Revolution

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 am   Post subject: Is it possible to make an exception to write the DWITE without teacher supervision?

Due to secondary school teacher union action against Bill 115, teachers have withdrawn all extracurricular activities by leaving the school right at 3:30 and cancelling all clubs. Unfortunately computer science clubs will be part of the clubs that will be cancelled and no labs will be available for students to write the DWITE contest. http://www.osstf.on.ca/MR-Dec-04-2012. Would it be possible to make an exception to write the contest without teacher supervision?

-Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Panphobia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 am   Post subject: RE:Is it possible to make an exception to write the DWITE without teacher supervision?

actually my teacher let us do dwite, he supervises the entire contest, and i think the strike started before round 2, i dont think all teachers are on strike?
crossley7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 am   Post subject: RE:Is it possible to make an exception to write the DWITE without teacher supervision?

What my team did for a few years was write the contest from home since our teacher was not always available. Remember that this is essentially practice for CCC and ECOO so as long as you keep that in mind and follow the rules just write the contest wherever you and your team can get together with a computer of some sort.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 am   Post subject: RE:Is it possible to make an exception to write the DWITE without teacher supervision?

The December and January rounds have been canceled. Please see http://dwite.org/news/article/119
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: