Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Flaming
Index -> Network News
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:04 am   Post subject: Flaming

Nowadays, there seem to be alot of problems with people flamming each other around here. Please keep in mind we are here for an educational purpose, and flamming, to my limited knowledge of the western world, is not all that educational (unless you happen to learn a couple of new words because you didn't know what the other guy was calling you, but then again, I digress).

So guys, please keep the flames and the critisizms (non-constructive ones) to a minimum. And please, no going at each other's throat online, I'm pretty sure we all have other problems to deal in life then constantly worrying about some guy hacking your computer (we are a programming community)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
iloveyouguysendloop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

imm pretty sure the flamming is over with cause some ppl ino got kick off im sad now cause i dont know anyone! Crying or Very sad
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What do you mean the flaming is over , im the ANTI-FLAMER and ive noticed that you have caused a bit of flaming your self endloop, and if the people that were kicked off are your friends you should let them no , not to ever mess with compsci, becuase people like asian get em everytime
The Stuff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

unless they got a really good firewall
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What does a firewall do for the intruder ? ( just to fill me in)
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

doesn't do anything to you... it just blocks the incomming (and depending on how good the firewall is, outgoing) ports.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
The Stuff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

firewalls help block things u don want and hackers and stuff. It hides you ports from other ppl on the net and some even randomize ur ip #. BUT there are loop holes in firewalls. u just gotta find them. common firewalls r useless cuz alot of ppl have already found loop holes in the common firewalls.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, i dont think they "randomize" your ip. alought some can make it so you uses proxys and some are built in to ruoters whitch whould hide your ip from our own computer not others Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_new_asian_on_the_bloc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The whole team here has got routers, you aint getting us!
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm ya routers do a lot don't they?
complaining to your ISP is enough. THey do the rest..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
hmm ya routers do a lot don't they?
complaining to your ISP is enough. THey do the rest..

hey complain too bad we are in a Toronto Public Library
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm yes well, i think complaining will sitll help.. there are ways.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there are about 50 computers and they are always full, the building shares ip so what can ya do to hunt us?
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Get that libarys internet connection blocked ;d which means they get really mad and search for the people who did this crap (thats you)
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_new_asian_on_the_bloc wrote:
there are about 50 computers and they are always full, the building shares ip so what can ya do to hunt us?

ah, no you are not in a libbary for all your posts. i was going to be nice and not report this to your isp, but if you keep psuhing it....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: