Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Utsg
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Evalon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 pm   Post subject: Utsg

Hi,

I'm looking at applying for UTSG for their Computer Science program in the fall, but my marks are in the weird range and I have no idea what the outcome could be. It's still very early so I still have a chance.

I graduated last year, but returned to do a lap year and upgrade marks. I am taking Calculus for the first time, however, and Advanced Functions is the only upgraded/repeated course.

90 - Comp Sci [Final]
90 - Calculus [Mid Term] -> Projected
80+? - Advanced Functions [Mid Term] -> Projected
71 - English [Final]
78 - Physics [Final]
76 - Marketing [Final]

I have a pretty big passion for games so I'd love to attend this institution, which is why I'm putting in a lot of effort. My average does fall at 81% though, so I have no idea how likely the acceptance will be. The website does also say that there is a focus on the Calculus/English marks rather than the average overall, so some advice here would be nice.

If you were admitted into this program, what were your marks like? Smile

Lastly, if I do not get in, and instead manage to get into UTSC (for co-op computer science), can I still take the game design courses at the downtown campus or are those restricted to utsg students only?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: