Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing 4.0.5
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Is Turing 4.0.5 a good improvment?
(No ending time set)
It is the best!
36%
 36%  [ 18 ]
Same shit difrent number
55%
 55%  [ 27 ]
I think it is worse!
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 49

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:30 am   Post subject: Turing 4.0.5

What you think about the updates?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i feel proud that it was made just for our school , it wasnt meant to be out fora another 4 months apparantly, i think its a great update , the joystick update really helped me out and the tell funcion ( reason why it was released) just made turing worth while for me
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its nice to know that updates are comming out Confused even though its like once a year... this is like a way of saying
Quote:
"HoltSoft is still there, we're doing stuff... quit emailing us!"

but really its just same shit, different numbers... The update was mostly just a bunch of additional functions, most of which we already wrote ourselves at one point or other. Size and speed are still horrible and GUI is still difficult to implement. The only noticable update (other then some bug shorthair was apparently having) is View.UpdateArea which could be used for animation of only a part of the screen, and is likely to result in a tiny improvement of performance in animation heavy applications (such as games)... which is nice to know.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
ArchAngel16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I WANT MY DEBUGGER BACK until the put the debugger back to tell me what I did wrong I dont want to use it. My school has kept using 3.1.1. for that simple reason ITS EASIER TO USE!
-Arch
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do u want a copy of turing 3.11? if so pm me
ArchAngel16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

BTW How do you skip over to a specific line of code in the program. I cant make my game work if you cant get back to the main menu. I just wish Turing loaded all the procedures before it did error testing that way I could run my stuff in a simple manner
-Arch
JayLo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

use a procedure to fix that.
ArchAngel16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

let me explain this MY PROBLEM LIES IN THAT PROCEDURES CANT OPEN ANYTHING CHRONOLOGICALLY AFTER THEM! So my games can never go back to the main menu. I want to know if there is a friggin command to go down in a program to a specific line in the code
-Arch
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there's no such line Rolling Eyes well it's known as goto (VB has it, I know that much)

but turing will not allow you to do some potentially "not safe" operations.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
ArchAngel16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

<< is suddenly pissed off. I guess my program will have no way shape or form of getting back to the main menu. 1 problem the money from 1 game is carried over to the next (meaning you lose your money) I had it working SOMEHOW before but it kinda got deleted (that was a months worth of work BTW and I'm trying to recreate it b4 wedensday)
ArchAngel16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If only turing read through the WHOLE program first it would make programming in it SOOOO much easier
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

y dont u make everything into procedures and have a loop in ur main line and based on condition run each proc?
ArchAngel16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I use button for the player to navigate... I know thats not wise to do but hey it is my obly option my moron teacher wont accept it if you have to key in ALL your information
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is there a new turing coming out any time soon? cuz 4.0.5 has bin out since like 2002 or something

just wondering
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: