Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Ayah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 pm   Post subject: #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

in #5, the second test case:
p Dubai Trivandrum
p Trivandrum Istanbul
p Waterloo Dubai
q Trivandrum Mumbai
q Istanbul Dubai
p Mumbai Dubai
p Sydney Mumbai
q Trivandrum Sydney
p Washington Tokyo
q Tokyo Dubai
p Washington Sydney
q Tokyo Dubai
N = 10, though the number of commands = 12
and for the last test case:
q iamsorryaboutthegianttestcases aj
p aj not
q iamsorryaboutthegianttestcases not
why is the answer:
not connected
connected
instead of:
not connected
not connected

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:24 pm   Post subject: RE:#5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

Oh darn. Yes, I realized that the second testcase up there is incorrect, but I didn't realise that the first testcase said 10 instead of 12.

I officially messed the testcases for this question up. I apologize. I believe I uploaded the un-updated version of the testcase. I'll make sure that this doesnt happen again (mainly because the rest of the DWITE's won't overlap with my exams).

Once again, my bad.
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:49 pm   Post subject: Re: #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

I have uploaded the fixed testcase for #5 here: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/3Ci3P9Q6KjMX0hVn5UsSwQ. Feel free to run your last submission to #5.
Revolution

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:23 pm   Post subject: RE:#5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

Is it just me....or does the input file have a line of underscores?
crossley7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm   Post subject: RE:#5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

wow, Ok so I copied the data and fixed the 10 to a 12 and then ran my program while I did a few other things. After leaving it for 10 minutes I killed it. Wow that is a massive test case. It would take a second of your runtime just to read it all
Ayah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:21 pm   Post subject: Re: #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

Thanks A.J.
Ayah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:23 pm   Post subject: Re: #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

oh yeah =s the input file contains underscores =[
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:48 pm   Post subject: RE:#5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

I don't think DWITE's judge used underscores. A bunch of those inconsistencies is due to this test set simply being too large.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:57 pm   Post subject: RE:#5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

I added the underscores so that you can view the 5 separate testcases more easily. The actual underscores were removed when uploaded onto the judge.
lufthansa747

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:58 pm   Post subject: Re: #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

i found a problem this line in the test cases is missing a space

p eelhieluaelldyplbgilejtwhejlimqosdwbjiwjokxulpgovqccbvbkdmvlapcuuywejvqbgqvtgeievkhyiijlvhyxwcsrdrwnnpqtgmpoqxsokcptlbhjjhjglcbowackpshxhwmbxhrikiexlohuvqejufxrfddwxmugjjjjqbubjyyvngslyyuwevqlyviwiffsoocgqwhcyjaorvdruaqavhnweyumechvrmcijlmk
PatrickWhite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:02 pm   Post subject: Re: #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

I noticed this today when I was trying to figure out why Judge DWITE always told me I was running with errors. Kudos to the people that got two test cases correct on that question by (probably) ignoring the given number of commands altogether.

As a side note, was the huge dataset the reason why the server was going down pretty heavily after the contest? I did manage at one point to get in and see the dataset (at which point it wasn't just pointing to a link), as I imagine did others... and when you're busy serving up a 26 MB file to everyone who makes it to that link, I imagine it would be pretty tough to keep serving everyone else.
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:25 pm   Post subject: RE:#5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

@lufthansa747- That's odd. There should be a word 'cpjfhefag...' after that. Perhaps an issue with the test file I sent you. Merely add the first word in the next line as the second word (i.e. all the portals form a chain in this case).
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:52 pm   Post subject: Re: #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

PatrickWhite @ Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:02 pm wrote:
As a side note, was the huge dataset the reason why the server was going down pretty heavily after the contest?

Yup, that's exactly what happened. Which is also why the availability of the testcase was removed shortly after.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:13 am   Post subject: Re: #5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

Tony @ 1st December 2011, 11:52 pm wrote:
PatrickWhite @ Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:02 pm wrote:
As a side note, was the huge dataset the reason why the server was going down pretty heavily after the contest?

Yup, that's exactly what happened. Which is also why the availability of the testcase was removed shortly after.

The testcase should be back up by now, but it is a link to a file rather than a 26MB html file of death.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
crossley7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 am   Post subject: RE:#5?? - DWITE round #2 30th Dec 2011

Even still it took a few minutes to load the test case of death then copy pasting it into a text file took another while. I really enjoyed in the past when worst possible case isn't ACTUALLY in the dataset Very Happy
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: