Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SS1389

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 pm   Post subject: [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.........................................................An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java - SS1389.........................................................

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Java. Java. Java. You hear it almost every week, use it literally everyday, and think about it less than 10 times per year. If you're just getting started, it's okay. I know it can be very challenging to learn a completely new language (especially if it's your first), and I want to help all those people out there who are just starting out. This is where I came up with the idea of this tutorial. It is meant to assist you in learning Java in the easiest and most intuitive way possible. This way, you will not only have fun, but you will also find that learning Java has never been simpler.

I strongly advise you to learn a little everyday and not gulp everything down in one mouthful. Everyone has their own learning speed, and the best part is that you get to set your own pace. Read a little each night, review what you have learned, and come back maybe a few days later. You can choose to read a section (highly recommended) or different parts over a period of time. This way, your brain will have time to analyze what you've learned and ensure that you will remember it for the future.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SS1389

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:05 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Section 1.1 - What is Java?

Java is a programming language and computing platform first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. It is the underlying technology that powers state-of-the-art programs including utilities, games, and business applications. Java runs on more than 850 million personal computers worldwide, and on billions of devices worldwide, including mobile and TV devices.
SS1389

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:11 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Section 1.2 - Why do I need Java?

There are lots of applications and websites that won't work unless you have Java installed, and more are created every day. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java is everywhere!
SS1389

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:20 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Section 1.3 - Is Java free to Download?

Yes, Java is free to download. Get the latest version here.
SS1389

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:22 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Section 1.4 - Why should I upgrade to the latest Java version?

The latest Java version contains important enhancements to improve performance, stability and security of the Java applications that run on your machine. Installing this free update will ensure that your Java applications continue to run safely and efficiently.
SS1389

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:26 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Section 1.5 - What is an IDE?

An integrated development environment (IDE) also known as integrated design environment or integrated debugging environment is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development. An IDE normally consists of: a source code editor, a compiler, build automation tools, and a debugger.

Different types of IDE include: Eclipse, jGrasp, JCreator, and WebSphere.

The IDE that I use to code Java right now is jGrasp so for the purposes of this tutorial, keep in mind that that is what I will be using. However, feel free to use a different IDE.
SS1389

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:00 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Section 1.6 - Source Code Files and Class Files

When coding Java, there is a source code file and a class file. The source code file (Example.java) is a file that contains your code. The class file (Example.class) is the file that is created and run after you compile your source code file. Each time you want to test your program, you must save your source code file (the one you are working on), compile it, and lastly run it. This will update the class file and allow you to run the most recent version of it.
SS1389

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:12 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Section 1.7 - Introduction to Computer Programming

This section doesn't particularly relate to Java, but if you're just starting out or would like some background information, here it is.

A program is an organized list of instructions that when executed, causes the computer to behave in a predetermined manner. Without programs, computers are useless. Analogy: a program is like a recipe. It contains a list of ingredients (called variables) and a list of directions (called statements) that tell the computer what to do with the variables. The variables are data, such as numbers, text, and graphical images.

There are three main types of languages: High Level Language, Assembly Language, and Machine Language.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Aange10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:24 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

I feel like I've been trolled Sad
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:29 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

I know this guy...he wrote this based off of the first CS notes we ever got and then tried to get volunteer hours for it Rolling Eyes

Why do you feel like you've been trolled though?
Aange10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:18 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Because I was happy I was learning something, it brought up three new points for me to delve into (High Level Language, Assembly Language, and Machine Language) and then just stopped. Haha
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] An Easy and Intuitive Tutorial to Java

Not a bad start! However...

If you're going to write this you don't need to create a new post for every subsection... We don't need a play-by-play as you write the tutorial. Take some time to write something substantial and then update your original posts.

Also, if you're getting this material from your CS class notes (which it sounds like), you should probably source your teacher.

*Edit* And now just look at that date! Locked.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: