Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Tic Tac Toe
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
spokesman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:35 pm   Post subject: Tic Tac Toe

this is my first decent sized program in turing and i thought that you guys could give me some suggestions on how to improve it. Thanks in advance.

Tic-Tac-Toe.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Tic-Tac-Toe.zip
 Filesize:  322.51 KB
 Downloaded:  829 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nicely done, but you still need a better AI... I keep on winning it every time on the hardest difficulty level Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah i always win on hard , apart form a cats game now and then , especially when you get 2 corners Very Happy Very Happy well done , it looks great and runs fast
spokesman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:06 pm   Post subject: AI

Thanx for the fast replies. I dont really know how to program a proper AI so i just used a big if statement to cover all the posibilities. Are there any good tutorials out there that describe how to make a good AI?
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the definiton of ai is not what you think , it means that the computer learns and gains knowledge depending on how you play , you can make an unbeatable tic tac toe were its either a cats game or a loss , but that isnt fun at all i figured my best computer was my random moves computer
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man my othello had the best ai
sport

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:06 pm   Post subject: AI

You built an AI by making remebering all the moves that won the game for you. And then just repeating a certain move after a certain move by the user. You'll have to use a file to store the wining combinations. Good like on building the AI.
icemaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

omg i can't belive i only won once on hard, like every game was cats game lol

i think u should use the mouse the whole program instead of typin "y" then clickin the mouse, it would just make the game a little better
other than the click, type, click. . the program is great! awsome speed, works quickly, i can see u don't really use delays. . .i personally hate programs that have huge delays, in fact i think i'll put that in my signature Very Happy

good job here's some bits for u
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya nice prog., I like how you can presss 1 or y for new game... very fast and efficent.... ez to win if you do a double...but no one can stop that... only prevent it from going...Overall pretty good... id give you bits but i saving up for a title shadow and glow...my AI for Rock Paper Scissors is nice, random, but it seems to block your attemps, copy you, or it sucks...and you win.... either way nice.... search the_short1 to find it...
ill give you the code if you want...
enjoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:48 pm   Post subject: :roll: i can't find the code

hey

i am new here...
i like ur program... but i can't find the coding...
i wanna see how u have done it ... its well-done

i wanted to study it... could u plz post the coding???

thanx
Viper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if u really wanted 2 learn ud look at it with out the coding n try 2 make it ur self i find i learn faster by doin that (but then again every ones diff.)
hdef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm u always win if u go top left corner, bottomr right corner, and then bottom left corner....
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: