Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What is the best form of 2D graphic design??
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What is the best form of 2D graphic design?
(No ending time set)
Plain out using paintbrush to draw
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Regular Pixel Animation (Paint: 8x zoom)
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Isometric Pixel Design (Angled views of graphics)
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Detailed copy and pasting from IRL photos, using photoshop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Smearing Ketchup on monitor while eating Nachos
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

DanShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:25 pm   Post subject: What is the best form of 2D graphic design??

What do you think??
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do u mind explaining some of that stuff.. i'm confused.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok...
1) Using a regular paintbrush tool in Paint
MSPaint has a tool which simulates the effect of a paintbrush. Multiple colors can be chosen, to change the color of the paintbrush, and therefore alter the colored effect it would have on your drawing.
2) Regular pixel animation
Regular pixel animation (to me anyways), is going into MSPaint, clicking the magnifying glass, then going to 8x zoom. When there, modify your paintbrush to draw the smallest form of oval, which I call " The Pixel Brush". This is approximately the size of a pixel on MSPaint, and pixel animation is drawing an image, pixel by pixel. This is a good way to get it right, and to make great detail without getting another program to do that manually for you.
3) Isometric Pixel Graphics
Normal 2D is just stairing at a flat, 1 sided object, well isometric shows 3 sides of an object. An example of this, is an aerial view of a building, if your aligned to one of its edges. This way, you can see the left, right, and top of the building. This is done by creating diagonal lines and such, that is isometric. (Also many shades of a color are used to make it have more of a realistic isometric effect.)
4) Editing IRL Photos in Photoshop
This is kind of a cheap way, what you do is take a picture of something on the street (say...a person), with a digital camera, then editing it on photoshop, using the magic wand to select the person, and removing him from the picture and replacing him on another page. Then creating a transparent background for that person, and sizing him correctly. This is kinda a cheap way to make a realistic 2D sprite.
5) Smearing Ketchup on Monitor while Eating Nachos
This is the act of have a nacho platter....eating it, and having a ketchup bottle. You squirt the ketchup bottle at the monitor, and use your finger to create graphics. (This was really posted as a "I dont have a preference" choice to the poll.) Wink

This should clear things up for ya.
Oh and also, I consider that a relevant post.
[+5 Bits for rizzix]
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my application of choise is ofcourse illustrator. But it's vector based, not pixel Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I tend to just use paint for simple stuff like the ships in EM and making small edits (ie change picture size, erasing, whatever). But if I have to make it look cool I'll make it in Blender and if I have to paint something I'll use the Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program). It's all good. Razz
Radiohead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i usualy do the ketchup kinda art while eating nachos.. but.. i think the second best choice would be choice 2.. regular pizel animation... i dotn know why.. but i tend to use paint.. so.. ya.. thats what i think should be here
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: