Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Dwite january 16th This Friday
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i will award anybody who has a score higher than me by bits equal to the difference between the scores.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sounds good im up for that
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um........bugz there got himself third place, in a team all by himself, so unless you are that Vasilli guy, then I don't think you stand a chance of beating bugz.

oh, another funny thing happened to me, we were suppose to register for this contest, but since there was that starcraft tournament thing (in which I went 3-2, and dodge went 0-4) I completely forgot to register. So I went and registered twenty minutes before the contest. And when I actually did the questions, send them in, they send an email back to me saying that I wasn't registered, but I have all the registering info in my hand, so I was like, what the hell? Then I look again, and it says that I registered for the next month's DWITE contest, lol. Moral of the story, never wait twenty minutes before a contest to register.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL. AsianSensation, you probably can't see this, but I'm holding up my finger and thumb in the shape of an L. Very Happy
Oh well, the moral isn't actually about registering early, it's about the fact that you missed class!
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we came 7th
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We got every qustion and all teh trest data , but recieved 0 on all of the programs, were not sure what happened , our teacher gave us different test data and that all worked aswell
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohh hi owe bugz 15 bits aswell Sniper hehehe not anymore
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well see this time the dwite was pretty hard... for example that question where u had to calculate the how many seconds there are, if the input data was 2999 12/12 23:59, the number of seconds there are would exceed the largest integer turing could handle which is 2^32, what you have to do is use a string to store the data or be smart and say if the date is beyond how which year, simply give them a wrong answer so your program wont crash and the other inputs will be marked
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
well see this time the dwite was pretty hard... for example that question where u had to calculate the how many seconds there are, if the input data was 2999 12/12 23:59, the number of seconds there are would exceed the largest integer turing could handle which is 2^32, what you have to do is use a string to store the data or be smart and say if the date is beyond how which year, simply give them a wrong answer so your program wont crash and the other inputs will be marked

I didnt realize that. in C++ a long long would do the trick
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there is long long? woa... how many digits is that 2^64?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's one way of doing that question, but I suggested a better way, too bad Mr. Mckenzie discouraged me from using it... Crying or Very sad

you know how the turing wallclock function display the how many seconds it is since Jan 1, 1970. I suggested changing the seed for wallclock, into whatever they wanted (I think it was Jan 1, 2004), and then write a program to change the system clock into whatever the test data was, and voila! wallclock that, and you got the answer. Laughing
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

azn that will still crash! turing cant handle that big of a number...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh well, but it was a truely innovative way of solving a question. Laughing
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and get urself banned forever
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but I would go down in history as the person that solved their problem by hacking their own system. I would be famous! Next thing you know, modelling agencies would come after me and ask me to model for their new computer desk.........
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 39 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: