Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I'm going to university and need a computer. Help!
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
cheese_cake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm   Post subject: Re: I'm going to university and need a computer. Help!

i need a laptop; looking into lenovo as they have rather attractive prices. so, the question is: what problems has been noted with the T420 & T520 (aside from not having USB 3 i/o)?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 pm   Post subject: RE:I\'m going to university and need a computer. Help!

lenovo has nice deals for their laptops, but I'd suggest asus, their machines seem to all be quality, with many being made out of durable materials rather than pretty ones (although they still look pretty), the return/repair rate on them is the best out of anyone (including apple, which is in the middle), and they provide an amazing warranty. 2 year manufacturer, and 1 year accident (which includes that time your dumb dog knocked the laptop into your pool)
crossley7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:52 am   Post subject: RE:I\'m going to university and need a computer. Help!

The ASUS U43F would also be a good one to look into if those are the general specs you are looking for. You can only get it at Bestbuy, but is a similar laptop and price to my knowledge.

If you wanted a third option could be an HP Pavilion as well if you were looking into HP at all.

Basically all of those computers are in a similar price range and similar specs. Just need to figure out which small differences you prefer.

I have been searching myself for 1 but it really depends on what you will use it for. Gaming or video will require a significantly better graphics card and CPU than one designed for coding and writing up reports for example.
Rob56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:37 am   Post subject: RE:I\'m going to university and need a computer. Help!

I wouldn't recommend HP, had two of them and with both of them I had a bad experience.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 49 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: