Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I need help on my vb project on deal orr no deal
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
blizzard4800

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:47 pm   Post subject: I need help on my vb project on deal orr no deal

My project is not working I dont know how to asing random values to my buttons and i also dont know how to make the banker come as well.

the11last.zip
 Description:
this is my project so far

Download
 Filename:  the11last.zip
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Downloaded:  683 Time(s)

the11last.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  the11last.zip
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Downloaded:  518 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 pm   Post subject: RE:I need help on my vb project on deal orr no deal

There's a better way to do random functions, but this is the way I remember from class:

VisualBASIC:

num = Int(Rnd() * (highest number)) + (lowest number)

The only issue with that is that it will produce the same order of random numbers each time.
blizzard4800

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:38 pm   Post subject: RE:I need help on my vb project on deal orr no deal

where am I supposed to put the code?
Raknarg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:22 pm   Post subject: RE:I need help on my vb project on deal orr no deal

You said you didn't know how to assaign random values. I'm assuming you mean you didn't know the syntax for it. I'm not sure where you'd put that, I'm just telling you something you can use.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:12 am   Post subject: RE:I need help on my vb project on deal orr no deal

I don't have time to go through your code, sorry.

Ask yourself, under what circumstances does the banker call? (event trigger)
What does the banker do? (event action)
How can you interact with the banker? [deal, or no deal Wink]
What is the result of each interaction with the banker? (event result[s])
programmer1337

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:51 pm   Post subject: Re: I need help on my vb project on deal orr no deal

to make them not produce the same random numbers just do Randomize() at the beginning of your code Wink
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: