Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PHP & Forum help
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
thoughtful

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:49 pm   Post subject: PHP & Forum help

Hello,
I am new to PHP. My basic goal is to make a forum. Now i know it can be done in ASP, CGI and PHP and maybe other languages. I want to know if there are any customiseable open source forums out there, or maybe if omse one can help me getting started on the forum making thing.
i will really appreciate it
PS:- and it is not going to be a turing help forum!! LOL, its for my school's website Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Best forum out there is
http://phpbb.com

the forum that compsci.ca uses ;D
thoughtful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well thnx amailer and tony, you both gave me phpBB, and i intalled it on a server got the basic things configured and everything. The question i have is that how do i get rid of the PHPBB banner on the side and also i wanted to chenge my color scheme. I looked through the souce files of PHPBB and i found where the top bar and all these images are, should i go ahead and modify those in firworks or can someone tell me where i can get more tempelates. I will apreciate that.
HaVoC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok....at the phpbb.com website they have styles you can download.

phpbbhacks.com is a good place for mods and stuff.

to change the logo theere are two different ways. Go to the folder of the current template you're using. upload a file name phpbb_logo.gif with your own picture and overwrite the old or...OR go into the over_header.tpl file and find where it ececutes the phpbb_logo.gif and change it to a file of your choice.
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: