Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 .VCD format
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:49 pm   Post subject: .VCD format

My friend burned me a DVD. It's a .VCD format CD and it should run on a DVD player, but when I put it in it says no play. Anyone know what I should do?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hunter007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Your dvd player either does not support VCD's or burnt cd's. If it does play both then your friend screwed up while he was burning it.
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hunter007 wrote:
Your dvd player either does not support VCD's or burnt cd's. If it does play both then your friend screwed up while he was burning it.

exactly! Check the box/manual of your dvd player (even website if the company has a product page) if it says it cant play the format than you cant.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the help.
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

out of curiosity, what movie?
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Brianna Loves Jenna. lol
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shit, I don't think my DVD player can play this. Well that sucks.
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh ya Ive never heard of that movie, and i dont think ill be asking what its about
.... *backs up quiet a bit
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

poly wrote:
Oh ya Ive never heard of that movie, and i dont think ill be asking what its about
.... *backs up quiet a bit

Sure you've never heard of it...
cough*lie*
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually no never heard of it, but i have an idea, get your video camera out and bring it and the cd outside... Throw the cd up in the air (while somebody films it) so it smashes on the ground. Keep doing that until you break the cd into hundreds of bits or until the guy holding the camera leaves. If you dont a a video camera just take some photos of the cd before and after shots and if you dont have a digital camera I outta ki....think calmness, think calmness..... well than just ignore this whole damn thing
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What the Fu*k are you talking about?
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well im saying you need to take the cd that you burned the dvd on and smash it if it cant be played on your dvd player
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh I gotcha.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you need a player that supports every format that is common to movies ( not divX) the nget an apex the thing is that the cheaper hte player the movre media it plays , because some spends millions on htere anti piracy and their on dvd , dvd pl;ayers but a company like norcent and apex who just awanna make some money have no security chips in their products i paid 60 for mine at walmart , and it wplayes every format ( VCD,SVCD,XVCD,XVID,DVD,MP3,WMA,WMV,CD,CD-A,) AND EVERY MEDIA FORMAT ASWELL ( CR-R ,CD-RW,DVD-R,DVD+R,DVD-RW,DVD+RW) obviously it dosent support dvd-ram BUT THERE YA GO
naoki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
Brianna Loves Jenna. lol

meh, i've seen better. the pro pr0nst*r stuff isn't as good as you think Laughing

btw ... upload pls Razz
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: