Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Stage 2
Index -> Contests
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cyril

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:52 pm   Post subject: Stage 2

Hi!

The Stage 2 invitee list is out:

Dominic Charley Roy, Dawson College, Montreal, QC
Pang Chieh Chiu, St. George's School, Vancouver, BC
David Choi, St. George's School, Vancouver, BC
Calvin Deng, Cary Academy, Cary, NC
Sam Eisenstat, Academy for Gifted Children-PACE, Richmond Hill, ON
Daniel Hui, Woburn CI, Scarborough, ON
Billy Janitsch, Earl Haig SS, North York, ON
Justin Li, Sir Robert Borden HS, Nepean, ON
Mantas Matelis, Bayview SS, Richmond Hill, ON
Joshua Netterfield, Michael Power-St. Joseph, Etobicoke, ON
Geoffry Song, Lisgar CI, Ottawa, ON
Aaron Vaartjes, Gordon Graydon Memorial SS, Mississauga, ON
Allen Yang, Cary Academy, Cary, NC
Kevin Yeo, William Lyon Mackenzie CI, North York, ON
Darin Yu, L'Amoreaux CI, Scarborough, ON
Kevin Yu, Don Mills CI, North York, ON
David Yun, Richview CI, Etobicoke, ON
Gary Zeng, Don Mills CI, North York, ON
Joe Zeng, Don Mills CI, North York, ON
Cyril Zhang, Don Mills CI, North York, ON

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet all of you (and some of you again (except the 25% I see at least once a week)). It will be a most excellent week.

Oh. There's a real reason for this post. Would anyone from the Greater Toronto Area be interested in coordinating a train ride?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

P.S. I'm not sure where the trains go, but there are Greyhound routes from Bloor & Bay that stop right at UWaterloo campus (sometimes with Cambridge/Kitchener in between -- wait for the last stop). This has been my preferred Toronto-Waterloo public transit commute.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dratino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

Train ride? Do any even go to Waterloo?

I'd be willing to pitch in for a Greyhound, though.
Cyril

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

I could have sworn the Woburn people took the GO train two years ago. Maybe not. o_O
Helldemon80

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Stage 2

There's GO buses that go to Waterloo from Toronto, but there's no train stops in Waterloo I know that for sure.

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/lstserdt.aspx?table=25&station=&new=

I believe this is the only GO BUS Route that go there.
Cyril

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

Yeah, I suppose they meant buses. Haha.

*Would anyone from the Greater Toronto Area be interested in coordinating a bus ride?
chrisbrown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

Georgeown or Hamilton is as close as you can get on the train, and bus 25 (Helldemon's link) is more like Square One -> Waterloo for practical purposes. If you can get to Square One, the Go is more reliable for obvious traffic reasons, but the Greyhound is cheaper and possibly more convenient depending on where people are.
crossley7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

Just wondering, what kind of score do you need to make it to stage 2? Im guessing this year it would have been at least 70 since the contest was so easy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

This year it was 63. Consider reading the thread: http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=27831
d310

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:52 am   Post subject: Re: Stage 2

I'm interested.
trintith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

I'm also interested! The cost of a group on the GO from Square One to the University of Waterloo is $50.21 (GO fare calculator). Five people can use this, so it works out to $10.04 per person. Best I can tell, this is almost half of what Greyhound seems to charge. According to Google, the transit would take about 2 hours, similar to Greyhound's claim. The catch is that at least one but not more than two of the people must be 18. Would this work out? Has anyone tried the GO buses?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:45 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

Greyhound is 1.5~2 hours and ~$13 each way (might have changed, it's been a while) on the student fare. I would imagine that Dundas & Bay is a lot easier to get to, than to Square One (unless, of course, you live in Mississauga)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dratino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:37 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Stage 2

trintith @ Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:11 pm wrote:
I'm also interested! The cost of a group on the GO from Square One to the University of Waterloo is $50.21 (GO fare calculator). Five people can use this, so it works out to $10.04 per person. Best I can tell, this is almost half of what Greyhound seems to charge. According to Google, the transit would take about 2 hours, similar to Greyhound's claim. The catch is that at least one but not more than two of the people must be 18. Would this work out? Has anyone tried the GO buses?

I've never used a GO bus myself before, so I wouldn't know. That fare thing might not work out, as I don't know any 18-year-old Torontonians who made it, and I know for a fact that neither Cyril nor I will be 18 in time for Stage 2.
trintith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Stage 2

I didn't know we counted for the student fare and Greyhound sounds nicer.
aaron.va

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Stage 2

If you need an 18-year old, I'll be 18 in May. I live in Mississauga, so if someone wants to leave from Square One, I have no problem.

Let me know if it's convenient on everyone if I come. Otherwise I'll just make my own way.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: