Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Graphics in C and C++
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
md

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I unfortunately have very little experience with Direct3D on it's own. I've also been using linux for a long time, so my windows expereince is rusty... notthat I ever did a lot of graphics stuff anyways...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay.. after 8 weeks at nvidia, i'm pretty confident about d3d9. so if anyone have any problems, post it here and i will try my best to answer them =)
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
okay.. after 8 weeks at nvidia, i'm pretty confident about d3d9. so if anyone have any problems, post it here and i will try my best to answer them =)

hey bro, do you know of any good books or any othe resources for learning d3d? i started learning some of it yesterday when i finally got vs2005 working with the directX9 SDK
tupac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know some OpenGL and it took me about 3 days to learn how to make a little program with a sphere bouncing around the screen. i luv openGL, just cuz it makes everything so much easier to do. so if anyone wants to do graphics in C++ the answer I'd give is definately OpenGL.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:

Ugh, no. For starters, this thread is about introducing people to what graphics programming entails (and more importantly, to try and deter those who aren't ready for it yet). Secondly, this is the C & C++ Tutorials section. Maybe Dan could add a section for graphics programming?
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

going through the tutorials bundled with the D3DSDK would be a great place to start. After that, visit codesampler.com and try to understand all of the d3d samples provided.

and coutsos, you talk to dan.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Graphics in C and C++

reviving this old thread to recommend these excellent tutorials on the SDL graphics library They have everything you need to get started with 2d game development, and include source code for download. Enjoy
Silinter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:06 am   Post subject: Re: Graphics in C and C++

Thanks saltpro. I've been immersed in c++ programming for the past 3 weeks, and came across QuickCG and Irrlicht.
Mazer mentioned irrlicht in his post but said it didn't look too good. Im not sure how it was back in 05, but even the 19 included tutorials look AMAZING.
That is to say, to someone that's been trying how to figure out how to draw a line on the screen in a window just the other week, but it has some impressive features.

What do you guys think of QuickCG and Irrlicht. I'm not planning to keep QuickCG forever, but i think it's excellent when transitioning from turing to c++, and the author's site is very informative, not just about the language but a wide array of concepts.
Still can't figure out how to properly load in pictures, but i'll figure it out. In time...

Irrlicht made me jizz the first time I compiled the collision detection tutorial in dev-c++. Just damn; and the entries in the latest contest they held on their website were amazing. one entry was something like an RTS.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:15 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics in C and C++

never heard of them Silinter, I'll check it out today.
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:48 am   Post subject: Re: Graphics in C and C++

For simply easy to use graphics I would use SDL, to do primitives(Draw line, points, ovals, circles) I found SDL_Draw (Just google to locate). It allows drawing like turing and java with no extensive knowledge to implement.

If a more experienced person can verify this is good advice?
apython1992

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:55 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics in C and C++

SDL is a good place to start, but the last post was a couple years ago...
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 26 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: