Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Using php to generate an image
Index -> Web Design
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Using php to generate an image

Are you asking if I can write a script where I _don't_ keep track of your cookies? Yes. In fact, that's less work than having to keep track of your cookies.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Using php to generate an image

Fail...so what do I do now?
Or should I just hope that noone will think of hacking it in such a way?
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Using php to generate an image

Why aren't you using the forum's login system as suggested, it will solve most of the issues (except people making multiple accounts to vote...).

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=709765#p4101675

A quick way would be to implement the login, force the user to login in order to vote and then when said user has voted, write their username to a file.

This way if they attempt to vote again, check to see if its in the file.

Or, simply make a "hasVoted" column in the user table and set it to 1 if they have voted.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Using php to generate an image

Thanks for the help....I'll try to implement that.
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 49 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: