Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CCC 2011 - Are you ready?
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
z_cross_fire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:57 am   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

That's true, A.J. A small mistake can have a big impact on someone, but the important thing is to learn from those mistakes.
And yes, it is necessary to have fun as well Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:27 am   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

It's only like 4 and a half hours till it starts. YAY!!!
ultimatebuster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:51 am   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Mine starts in 10 min ...
Helldemon80

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 am   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

ehh mines in about an hour..
ultimatebuster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Just finished the junior contest. I solved all problems, I think.. Well my custom test cases all worked out with my program. J1 - J4 took me 40 min and J5 took me 1 hr before i realize i was completely wrong, another hour to rewrite, which worked. Also I don't even understand my own algorithm, but it worked with my own test case, although it might only get a partial.

The wording for J4 is weird, i don't know what some cases will be outputted as, so I went with my own interpretation, which might get a partial.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:45 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

P.S. a customary reminder that we are barred from discussing CCC questions for ~ a few days, as some schools have scheduling conflicts and administer the contest at a later time.

I know that it's a big event and it's exciting to exchange notes and talk about solutions and approaches, but please wait a bit.

You could still talk about the contest, just don't mention the specifics about what the questions are, or how they can be solved. ultimatebuster's post above seems fine.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
ultimatebuster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:12 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Yeah. I'm eagered to actually see if my J4 and J5 are correct lol.
Shanethe13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:48 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Just finished writing the senior. I feel pretty confident: I got solutions for all five at least. The main thing I'm worried about is efficiency.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:12 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Yeah Just finished it like an hour ago, literally changed one thing 30 seconds before the end to change one problem from getting only the most basic test cases to being able to solve any of them, (and alot beyond as well).

I also realized something about one problem that could make it fail on the tests, but it may or may not come up in the test cases (although it probably will).

So now I'm scared, I personally feel good about myself, knowing I programmed them pretty well, but there are better programmers than me in my division I know for sure.
RandomLetters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:49 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Oh the last question Sad
JavaNewB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

sigh....I spent like 40 min on the third question, found an efficient algorithm then failed the implementation, so i only had time to finish 1, 2, and 4 and 3 is probably 90% correct
z_cross_fire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

I think I only got 2 right. Sad

S1 was pretty easy. It only took me 5-10 minutes to do it. I finished S2 in 20 minutes, but then realized that it was time consuming for larger inputs. So, I had to re-do S2. After that, I made some guesses to the rest of em'.
UnnamedT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

I was very surprised at this years Senior and Junior CCC.

I did Senior and I managed to solve the first two problems in 25 minutes and I did S4 in upwards of 30 minutes. The real killer was problem 3, considering the size of possible inputs.

This year's CCC was too easy.
bbi5291

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:17 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

If there's anyone here who finished the contest, used one of the languages supported by our autograder, and wants to know his/her score, you can email me your solutions (bbi5291@gmail.com) and I'll mark them for you. (Languages supported: C/C++, Pascal, Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, Haskell, OCaml --- no Turing.)
ultimatebuster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:26 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

I still don't know what it means by lose mark by efficiency.. If it's what i think it is (excessive for loops, for example), then i'm losing marks big time Razz
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 8  [ 119 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: