Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 VB vs Turing...
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:15 pm   Post subject: VB vs Turing...

Which is more powerful?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this bull... should really stop man... so yer telling me that u dunno which one's more powerful... man if u wanna spam...
there's a spam section in this forum....

but if yer really serious about this question well obviously VB has more abilities....
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing is not tecaly even a real progaming languge Confused b/c it covers turing in to a c or c++ progame then compiles it i think.

so VB is far more powerfull over turing. alougth truing wroks on more placfourms witch is scary. (well not the compiled verson or the turing code but there is turing for mac)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am sorry that not everyone in the world knows as much as you do Homer. I am trying to figure out whether to waste my time with this language. You don't have to go on some power trip almighty VB mod.
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

even tho VB is more powerful it doesnt always matter if ur a n00b, then ask urself, would i be more comfortable typing code, or would i be more comfortable with a lot of clicking to change settings of elements of my code, if u like option one go with turing, and option 2 go with VB, laaaaaaaaaaay (someone answer my question in turing help called "Crosshair over mouse") thx
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Skizzarz - maybe you should actually try coding in VB first before you compare it to anything else Confused

You don't click and modify settings. You just have the ability to visually design your GUI form before you code it. But you dont even have to do that. In the project I was working on last year (school ISP type of thing) I was dynamically creating form elements based on user criteria on a blank form.

VB just gives you the tools for rapid application development.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Kuntzy wrote:
I am sorry that not everyone in the world knows as much as you do Homer. I am trying to figure out whether to waste my time with this language. You don't have to go on some power trip almighty VB mod.

lol dude man... i only got pissed cuz i thought this was just another spamming scheme...
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan, I don't think Turing uses C as an intermediate anymore (which is why you saw a LOSS of features in the recent big upgrade). I am not 100% on this.
Kuntzy, The way to avoid people jumping all over you is to give some context. For Example
Quote:
"Hay guz,
I'm like kinda n00b and was lookn' at learnnn to proprm. My sk00l uzes VB an Toorn'. I was hopin to 1 day becom a 1337 h4x0r, which one should I start with. Ohh I'm also very lazy and want to get 100% on my ISU. Thanks, I Love you guys, Kuntzy"

Something like this would let us know where you are comming from to better answer your question.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ehmm Rolling Eyes
santabruzer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ha ha.. you make us newbie programmers all look so stupid Razz
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I started off being serious. It is VERY helpful if you give some context to your questions, then I just couldn't help myself. It was meant in good fun, so I hope it was taken that way.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

one more useless spam and i might have to lock this...
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Homer_simpson wrote:

there's a spam section in this forum....

hey!!! the spam section is not for spam either!!! Twisted Evil
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Homer I am sorry if you do not feel that this was a valid post. I have nothing against you, but this is a 'help forum' and a believe that, this is where you ask questions. And as for the spam scheme, I could care less about the number of bits I have, it not like my life long dream is to have 1000 bits or sumthing.

And I asked this question, becuase as i know VB is a quick language, but that does not mean that it is a powerful one. Also as for turing ... Basic was a language that was used to help people learn programming and look what it grew to become, and has spawned!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

unlike basic, turing does now have its own compiler... it is build around c++ compiler Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: