Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How to implement layers in VB6?
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
BigSams

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 pm   Post subject: How to implement layers in VB6?

For a form in a game, the setup is:
The image of the background is in the back-most layer
In the middle layer is a movable image of a shooter
In the top-most layer is VB-animated ball and whatnot

Questions:
How do I implement layers in VB? Links are welcome too.
Is there any special additions to normal code necessary to access variables related to objects in different layers - like the way it is necessary to say formname.objectname when referring to an object in a different form?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BigSams

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:30 pm   Post subject: Re: How to implement layers in VB6?

Aw man seriously? No replies? Can anyone at least tell me if layered programming is even possible on VB6? Or an instructional link perhaps? My old teacher said that it's possible to have layers but he's been MIA for a couple months now and my supply teacher is clueless about VB..

EDIT: wow over a hundred views and no reply. I guess I'll have to fake layered animations with 2-d arrays and redrawing the background.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: