Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Audio CD
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
strife_8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:13 am   Post subject: Audio CD

Ok, my comp sci teacher lets us listen to music while we work. So I have a cd I want to listen to but I dont want to bring it to school all the time, is there anyway I can create an image of the cd and put it on my computer without using any 3rd party software?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

rip it off the cd then burn it as mp3 bring it to school and cpy it on... there aer alot of softwares that allows u to do that just go to download.com and dl it
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

way to go break the digital millenium act doge, going to go get me sued now.

j/k

we in canada and digital millenium act only in u.s.

oh wate, the host is in the u.s.! oh shit.....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the what now? digital millenium act? just use the force on anyone who tries to sue you
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

digital millenium act = one of the dumest acts ever made in the U.S. the main porblem with it is if i say somting like "you can diable anti-copying software on some cd's by hiting shift when you put cd in" then the comapy that loses money b/c they used crapy anti-copy software can sew me b/c i side "hit shift". also since in am listed as the owner of this site, any comentes on it about how to do anything to vialiode copyright laws can be used to sue me in the U.S. and in some cases even put you/me in jail.

more info here: http://www.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
FDisk87

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Rip and compress with one of the various encoders out there, lame using CDex is a very nice open source solution, or even better encode to Ogg Vorbis.
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Your school probably ,has limited dsk space and if they scan your drive and find 300 meg of mps3 THEY MIGHT NOT BE VERY HAPPY , i lost my login for having a movie clip that was to big on my drive
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well, don't save it on the networked drive, save on the harddrive, Im pretty sure each of our computer at school has 20 GB of hd, bad thing is, you can only access it on that one computer......

but why not just use [url]launch.yahoo.com[/url] you don't have to bring any CD with you, and Im sure they have a pretty big selection of music.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nope azn, cant do that nymore remember?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what? we can't save on harddrive or we can't use launch? I'd be seriously pissed if we can't use launch.....

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

we had to find a hack to get onto the c drive, we learned 4 ways too do it , it was fun because we did it when we were bored while they updates turing. becusae our network drives are limited to only 5 meg a day WHICH IS GAY
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: