Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Medieval RPG - Grail Quest
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:12 am   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

The "corpse" is really easy to implement.
Easiest way being, to create an array that contains several pieces of data:
- array[max_items] that contains items
- gold to store how much (if any) gold retrieved
- map to store which map they died on
- XY coods to store where on map they died on
- active (boolean) to determine if corpse is active

So when their HP <= 0, run a function to save all the data into the "Corpse" array, and set active=true.
Then when rendering your zone scenes, do a check if current_map==corpse["map"], and if so, draw an image of your bloodied corpse on the ground.

You could even make it easy on the player, if you walk within the bounding box of a corpse, it auto-equips all your old items, gives you the gold, sets "corpse"s active variable to false, and maybe give a message.

See, super easy Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

makes sense, thx! =P
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Working on an updated engine. All's going to be included as well as a better ranging system and likely a magic system. Looking pretty fun so far.

A demo is likely to come out as soon as I can get everything tied together.

Here's just a screencap of what I've been working on for it: (this is a freeze magic spell)

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:50 am   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

looks awesome!
i like the array drop down menu integrating weapon type and substance (mythril, steel, etc).

one other thing, i recently took the level indicators off the characters' heads; your character now has it on top of his hp bar, and the npc's is next to their name when their hp bar comes up.

i chose to put your level on top of the hp bar since hp is a factor in your level, and since it was available space =P.

lastly, the most fun part, i have implemented a moderator/administrative abilities into the chat entry system. by typing in a code which i will not release over the internet...lol...., you can enable 'cheat codes' that will allow you %100 command over your character. 'cheats'/abilities include: a code to get max gold, a code to make any weapon spawn in your inventory, a code that gives you the grail, and even codes to make you move 60 pixels in any direction thus allowing you to break through boundaries and walk over water etc.

The main reason for this implement was to make editing/testing the game easier.

one last thing....i must say, because of your avatar i hear House talking whenever i read your comments >.> lol
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Here, have a monster Razz

[img]http://danshadow.pcriot.com/Images/demon.bmp[/img]
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

lol nice.....

@SNIPERDUDE
few more things i forgot to add:
i created an equation for the colour of the hp bar.
colour = round ((hp/100)*8)+112

green is 120, red is 112 so with this equation the bar turns green if you have full-almost full hp, green-red colours for in between, and red when you have low or no hp. try it urself: sub in any value from 0-100 and see the colour u get! i noticed after making the equation that the multiplier is the difference between the two colours 0.o

also, your character does not face you when not moving; with the addition of a variable i was able to make it so that he stays facing the last direction executed.

P.S. i tried that site for 8bit music and after i tried to post a request it gave me some kind of error saying that it could not post. =\
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

I think you guys should add my enemy Wink, if you get what I mean by this:

DanShadow wrote:

Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:21 am   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

lol i'll think about it =P
but if i do decide to, i'll need its left right and up views
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Just catching up on this thread. Awesome stuff.

I just about have an updated top bar menu working completely, I'll send you the demo via email for your thoughts on it. Should be done by tonight, but I've plans later so we'll see how it works out.

@ DanShadow: I like your demon, if you make it a bigger it could make for a nice new menacing creature for the dungeons.
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

was going to say that too...
make it bigger, cus i already have a cyclops and a troll in the game....and theyre f**king big...k not that big, but theyre the biggest non dragon monster at a whopping 64 pixels in height!!! lol
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

A cyclops now? Is that coming out in the next release or did I just miss it on the current one?

Can't wait to see it.
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

next release
same design as troll, just a diff colour...and obviously: one eye lol
Coldkick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:20 am   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Hey, I'm working on a map graphic revamp right now. Making Hi-Res versions.

Here is a sample for the cemetery
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 am   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Now if the trees could be made to match the style...

I like the style of the grass, looks quite cool.
Coldkick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:13 am   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Thanks, did you receive my PM? It includes the link to the PB and the guest PW. I'm not sure how I'm meant to change the trees to make it match the style of the grass and such since trees are a different texture, but I'll give it a go. The hardest part of the maps is going to be making natural flowing water for the river. I have mouseover and mousedown buttons being made as well.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 5  [ 62 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: