Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Creating a forum in phpBB
Index -> Web Design
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Zren

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Creating a forum in phpBB

That;s because all the links in the code are looking at ./styles/....png. Or this current folder. Somewhere there should be an option to set the installation folder in the BB admin stuff.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:54 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Creating a forum in phpBB

Zren @ Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:00 pm wrote:
That;s because all the links in the code are looking at ./styles/....png. Or this current folder. Somewhere there should be an option to set the installation folder in the BB admin stuff.

Thanks...
...but something tragic happend Sad
when I went to the forum today, I found out that it died.

I guess we're gonna have to restart. Rolling Eyes
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:53 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Creating a forum in phpBB

Zren @ Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:00 pm wrote:

The site is back up and I still have the same problem.
Which option do I need to change?
I want to keep the forum in the v1 folder but I also want people to see it when they visit forum.victoiraparkci.com

EDIT:
another noob question,
if I want to add a favicon to the site, or change the header pic, do I need to edit the overall_header.html for each theme?
I changed one and I still can't see the favicon (it is in the same directory as the overall_header and is linked to as favicon.ico
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Creating a forum in phpBB

@Dan/Tony, is it OK if I link to your site on the following page:

http://www.forum.victoriaparkci.com/v1/viewforum.php?f=18
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Creating a forum in phpBB

How can I change the permissions of a forum so that only registered users with over a certain post count, mods, and admins can see it?
Thanks...
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: