Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 C++?
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:52 am   Post subject: C++?

i only know turing right now, and im not to bad at it lol...and im thinking about learning C++. is it alot more difficult then turing?
and what is a better langauge to learn, VB or C++? i here good things from both, i heard vb was really easy but C++ was alot more powerful
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

learn vb, c++ is hard to learn on ur own
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... depends what kind of program you want to be doing. If it's more of application programs - start with VB then C++ after to enchance VB (you can do that).

if you're willing to jump straight into OpenGL to program 3D games, then you dont need to know VB.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
hmm... depends what kind of program you want to be doing. If it's more of application programs - start with VB then C++ after to enchance VB (you can do that).

if you're willing to jump straight into OpenGL to program 3D games, then you dont need to know VB.

and if you're going to program games using opengl and don't like having 100 or so lines to initialize and open a window then i would recommend looking into GLUT (GL Utility Toolkit), it simplifies things like window creation so you can almost immediately jump into graphics.

http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/glut/ has some nice tutorials
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol dude man... from what this guy said... i think he just started with c++... man just go to kazaa and type in c++ tutorials there are some simple and good tutorials there... just learn the basics first... then after a while, you could start considering working with opengl to make 3d games...

Quote:
and if you're going to program games using opengl and don't like having 100 or so lines to initialize and open a window then i would recommend looking into GLUT (GL Utility Toolkit), it simplifies things like window creation so you can almost immediately jump into graphics.

http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/glut/ has some nice tutorials

btw it's not really that easy to make 3d games man...It's not just initializing a normal window and drawing a couple of boxes, there's a hell lot more to it to make a game worth playing... and i'm pretty sure u need to know at least the basics of c++...
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, i wasn't really paying attention there about the 'just starting with c++' thing. yes, clearly you need to know the basics of c++ to make a game with it. and i don't recall saying anything about 3d games. you could make some simple top-down or sidescroller games using opengl with sprites or something. and there are some pretty fun games that are pretty simple too
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks guys...instead of me just getting frustrated, and breaking something lol....i think ill leave turing and go onto VB first, then im on to C++ Twisted Evil

and from tonys post, i think VB would be the better langauge for me right now, because i tend to write more apps then i do games
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Confused i realy dont like VB b/c it is so unprotbale. C++ can be used on almost any OS and work ok. may be it is just b/c i hate M$ so much Evil or Very Mad
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
icemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm. . . i consider my self pretty good with turing as well, but now i want to learn C++. . . i am a complete newb with C++ so plz help
any sugestions?
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: