Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Art contest, Win bits!
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
copthesaint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:47 pm   Post subject: Art contest, Win bits!

Hi everyone! I thought it would be fun too take a break from programing and hone our art skills :p This task is very simple create an Icon for a programing language of choice and submit it before October the 7th and I will donate to the user who submits the best Icon 150 bits. I am only giving soo little Bits for this because I wanna do it twice, plus I wasted my bits on the dumb key that does nothing :p.

Rules and Restrictions:

- You are not allowed to submit an icon that has been made by someone else, coping work is not cool and I will check to see that nothing has been stolen.
- Submitted files must be under 100 KB. *hint* 64x64 pixel submissions shouldn't go over this :p
- Appropriate images only! I don't wanna see submissions of horses in bikinis if you know what I mean!
- Submissions must be relevant to the programing language, a picture of a Brock Obama for Turing will not be accepted!
- No posting multiple submissions. You can hand in one Icon and one Icon only.
- Submissions after the due date will not be accepted. If you submit after or at 12:00 am on October 7th 2010, the image will not be counted.
- You do not have to draw free hand, and filters are allowed. I don't expect great artist here, no offence :p.
- To submit an icon, just post the image here.

1ST PLACE: 150 bits
2ND PLACE: 50 bits
3RD PLACE: 10 bits

I shouldn't really have to go into further lengths for rules this just for fun so good luck :p[/b]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:48 am   Post subject: Re: Art contest, Win bits!

copthesaint @ Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:47 pm wrote:
I don't wanna see submissions of horses in bikinis

Would you prefer images of horses without bikinis? Laughing

I'm going for the win-by-default here:
http://unicornify.appspot.com/avatar/c0ffee?s=128

Umm.... I'll let PHP have this one.

(Full disclosure: the image is auto-generated, but I wrote the seed hash myself.)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Art contest, Win bits!

Tony wrote:
Would you prefer images of horses without bikinis? Laughing

Ahh ha, I dont think I am at right to answer that question.

Tony wrote:
I'm going for the win-by-default here:
http://unicornify.appspot.com/avatar/c0ffee?s=128

I forgot about that though! that was a good week... lol
Drahcir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Art contest, Win bits!

I present to you, the future winning entry, one that will amaze you with all of its fail and glory.

In honor of me entering Waterloo CE, I have decided to pick C Pound as the language to make an icon for, because that is the language we are using for ECE 150. This icon will contain all my love/hatred/anger/fury/pain towards the language. It contains all of these emotions, so be careful when viewing, otherwise your eyes will burn from their sockets.

This entry is the king. King of Puns that is. This entry will blow your minds.

The entry is not suitable for younger audience, and viewer discretion is advised.

Entry Name: See Pound.
Language : C Pound
Entry filesize: 4kb
Hardcore Rating: 10
Does it contain horses? No
Does it contain bikinis? No
Does it contain horses in bikinis? No
Is the entry the best thing since sliced bread? Yes

WARNING: Entry has pointy tip. Please do not touch.

And I present to you my entry, in all of its 4kb of glory.
*drumroll*

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

ba-dum tish.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Art contest, Win bits!

Review:
copthesaint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Art contest, Win bits!

That looks like something you put together in 5 seconds give or take one *sad cause you spent so long on the description I bet trying to sound witty*. This is not even close to bad art. I apologize if you are offended by what I say about this crappy piece of work but really if this is the best you can do, walk away now. However, I was glad to see that a first submission didn't have a horse in it, and it was relevant to a language.
Drahcir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Art contest, Win bits!

No, about 25 seconds. It was supposed to make a pun on how you pronounce C sharp.
Not offended, was meant as a joke, and it is crappy. But seeing as how I can only submit once, I was too lazy to make a real one and went with the pun instead.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Art contest, Win bits!

I said it was relevant to the language... I knew you meant C sharp, its really an old joke actually... lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Zren

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Art contest, Win bits!

Blarg.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I may update this at a later date but for now here you go.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Art contest, Win bits!

Well due to complete lack of interest, I am most likely never doing this ever again or trying since there is no one here who apparently likes art :/
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: