Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:46 am   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

You could certainly create one. You can make the webpage look however you like with some greesemonkey scripts (assuming you're running Chrome or FF).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
muddy_waters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 am   Post subject: Re: Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

I think you guys should make the colour scheme a little more lively, no offense but grey is kind of dull.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 am   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

It's not grey, it's blue! Sleek new age blue!
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:15 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

muddy_waters wrote:
I think you guys should make the colour scheme a little more lively, no offense but grey is kind of dull.

Gandalf @ Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 am wrote:
It's not grey, it's blue! Sleek new age blue!

Actually, everyone can change their colour schemes (i.e. "Styles") on the bottom left-hand corner of the website.
Sur_real

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

yeah, like the other colours are any better Razz
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

It's not blue! It's subgrey! And I think it looks fine. So many forums have ridiculous, distracting color schemes. This one's easy on the eyes and looks professional.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

muddy_waters @ 18th March 2012, 12:07 am wrote:

Perhaps you may have enjoyed our limited edition forum style from 2006 more: http://wiki.compsci.ca/index.php?title=File:April_2006.jpg
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

Dan @ Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:21 pm wrote:
Perhaps you may have enjoyed our limited edition forum style from 2006 more: http://wiki.compsci.ca/index.php?title=File:April_2006.jpg

LOL, my first thought was April Fools' day but then I realized that this was more of a Valentines kind of thing Razz

Perhaps you can appoint a bunch of older, possibly more trusted, members to start on v4?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

I love the look of compsci to be honest. It just seems more efficient, and makes the important things stand out.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

I have to say this one thing. All help sections, the "Answered Question" button on the toolbar is not noticeable and because of its lack of Apperance, topics are only marked as answered rarely.

It would be great if there could possibly be maybe beside the topic title a button that says "answered" when the question asked by the user is answered and a button that says "unanswered" ect.

Edit also I would just like to quote the words of dan:

Dan @ Sat Apr 01, 2006 wrote:
Go hello kitty!

ProgrammingFun @ Sun Mar 18, 2012 wrote:

LOL, my first thought was April Fools' day but then I realized that this was more of a Valentines kind of thing Razz

your first thought was correct ;P
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

re: the answered question thing. It should also be encouraged for mods (perhaps per section mods, or special mods) to review topics that have been inactive for a while and mark them as answered if they are answered.

If we combine that with the feature many help forums have where when you enter your question it suggest possibly related questions, we could really remove a lot of the redundant questions asked over and over.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

That could work if people used it. But people won't use it. That's why we have so many topics like "need halp wit mai gam urgent ploxx" despite the sticky that says not to do that.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

yeah but it'd at least catch a few of the people. Plus you can search for a topic and still not find it, because the search bar isn't very good and usually leaves you to look through 14 pages of crap until you find one that talks about what you want, and has an answer. At least answered topics could be put first, making it easier to find things and not have to repost.
Williamarf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

Can there be a section for C#?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

You can create new threads on C# in [General Programming]
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 5  [ 63 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: