Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Cd player
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:33 pm   Post subject: Cd player

its probably got a few bugs, but here it is

player.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  player.zip
 Filesize:  315.59 KB
 Downloaded:  408 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Boarder16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ewwww... i hate the look... i am makin a media player 4 my final project.. its gunna have 4 different skins, nuce round buttos and it will be amazing, that is disgusting...lol and so simple.... waste of my time d/l..... but i don't want to be mean or anything..... Twisted Evil 8)
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, no flamming here, if you want, you can give constructive criticism, flamming doesn't help him, doesn't help you, and doesn't help anyone else, all it does is make you look bad. So refrain from the flames please.

btw, saying how you are making a better one doesn't help either. I'm sure many programmers here on this board could make a better one then you, but I don't see them bragging about it.
poly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Boarder16 wrote:
ewwww... i hate the look... i am makin a media player 4 my final project.. its gunna have 4 different skins, nuce round buttos and it will be amazing, that is disgusting...lol and so simple.... waste of my time d/l..... but i don't want to be mean or anything..... Twisted Evil 8)

you could have given him some ideas on how to improve his program
anyway its pretty cool, but what happens when a cd has more than 20+ tracks? I think it would be cool if somehow it read the cd and displayed the number of buttons for the number of tracks
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This is a good start to a program that has alot of potential,

For some reason new programmers like really long delays and title , when the program starts id just suggest you show " Media Player " instead of delaying the letters ,becsue when you open it , you want it to be ready to play media. KEEP UP THE HARD WORK. Very Happy
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for the ideas guys Very Happy
icemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm i don't really like the idea of clicking a button for each track... and plus the cd the user puts in thier computer may not even have 20 tracks in which case your program will just hang there, as of now turing has no syntax that i know of that can read the cd and find out how much tracks it has but u can get around that, go to the source code forum and look for the cd player i made well before looking here lol, i made it so that you can enter the track you want, it's uh not commented but i believe it's still pretty simple

go and check my cd player out

and yes i agree, delays usually cause more strain then relief in programming, if u want a user to be ready for the next output i found that a getch is much more useful, like this:
code:

var answer:string(1)
put "are you ready for the ultimate cd player in turing?"
put "press any key to continue . . ."
getch(answer)
%then continue with your program
[/b]
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

to get the number of tracks couldn't you just go (this is straight from turing documentation):

code:

var streamNumber : int
        var fileName : string
        streamNumber := Dir.Open (d:\\) % your cd rom drive
        assert streamNumber > 0
        loop
            fileName := Dir.Get (streamNumber)
            exit when fileName = ""
            put fileName
        end loop
        Dir.Close (streamNumber)

and then in each loop you just make sure the file has an extension so it's not a folder and add that file/track to your code...

im not really sure, i haven't been doing turing that long.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
icemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

corrected code:
code:

var streamNumber : int
var fileName : string
streamNumber := Dir.Open ("d:\\") % your cd rom drive
assert streamNumber > 0
loop
     fileName := Dir.Get (streamNumber)
     exit when fileName = ""
     put fileName
end loop
Dir.Close (streamNumber)

yo forgot those two quotes. . .
u need em or else the file(CD) won't open properly
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually i forget that everysingle time i use dir.open for some reason, same with the setscreen function... dam
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: