Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci.ca crashing IE (maybe netscape too!)
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:45 pm   Post subject: Compsci.ca crashing IE (maybe netscape too!)

Well, whenever i would come here, i could view like 3 pages, and then IE would freeze... and i hit ctrl alt del and it says like 5 msnmgr (MSN messenger) and i know thats what crashed it, because i just uninstalled it and it doesnt happen anymore. So if this is happening to anyone else, try uninstalling MSN, and mybe someone at the boards (like admin) if they have power, could turn off whatever makes MSN open.

Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm... yeah... compsci is linked to MSN messanger to have some feature (I think it's "Add MSN contact"). It never crashed for me though. I think you didn't compleatly uninstall your MSN Thinking
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

noooo i mean with msn installed, it kept freezing, but now that its uninstalled, it doenst freeze.. maybe i just had an error in mine?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i will look in to it and try to take out the msn thing. it sounds like you had somting wired in windows, what verson do you have?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm i am having problems accessing also. in my other comp it simply give me an address not found error. i had to switch and use netscape in order to gain access to this site
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Everytime I use IE to get to this site, it's ok until I click on some topic. A few topics work with IE, the rest of them, IE just automatically closes them for me. I have to use Mozilla Firebird to view this site.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Because it looks the best on mozilla/firebird ;D
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tru, tru. mozilla firebird never gives me problems when i view this site. although for some reason i can't run javascript stuff with it, even though i downloaded and set up the plugin it just doesn't work.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya some of the javascirpts don't work on mozilla, like the glowing text.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, i mean like, everything. it shows that button to download the plugin to enable java on web pages, and i did download it but it still shows up.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, i mean like, everything. it shows that button to download the plugin to enable java on web pages, and i did download it but it still shows up.
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Im having the same problem
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i have windows ME
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: