Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Animated Sprites Engine
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Zren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 pm   Post subject: Animated Sprites Engine

Contains 3 versions of the progression of this project. Each will work independently, but if you just want the finished work, run gameEngine.t.

sprite.t Contains the Animation and Character Class. Focusing on simply running through different animations.
collisionDetection.t Contains the Animation, Character and Object Class. Focusing on the combination of objects and collision detection.
gameEngine.t Contains the Animation, Character, Object and Engine Class. Focusing on bringing everything together, but mainly to draw objects in their proper order.

Animation: Loads a folder, with each sprite inside numbered 1.bmp ... 10.bmp. Don't keep extra files in there since it looks at the total files in the folder. Just the way I did it, would be easy enough to only target bmps.
Character: Loads and controls the state of a character and controls the animation. Each sprite doesn't progress to it's own framerate however but controlled by the global framerate. Loads folders of animations in a folder, like the Animation class. Their respective actions are represented as constants.
Object: A quick class I put together to incorporate Character.
Engine: A simple Engine that draws objects in order and holds rough controls on input.

Bugs:
-When holding down two movement commands, then releasing one, changes to standing sprite.
-Maximum of 1000 pics, all pics are loaded at creation of object and not shared between objects.

Also contains an extra background, just copy them over to img/ and overwrite the originals. There are also another two sprite sets, though they're incomplete when it comes to controlling them.

AnimatedSprites.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  AnimatedSprites.zip
 Filesize:  1.22 MB
 Downloaded:  680 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cezna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:21 am   Post subject: RE:Animated Sprites Engine

Very cool.
One thing that I was a little confused about was this at the top of the collision detection program:
Turing:

%  ______               
% |___  /               
%    / / _ __ ___ _ __ 
%   / / | '__/ _ \ '_ \
%  / /__| | |  __/ | | |
% \_____/_|  \___|_| |_|
%
% By: Chris Holland

I don't know if that will copy over correctly, but it says Zren.

Anyway, very well done, and I will definitely be learning a lot as I code through this code (I'll probably be posting back on 100 different things I don't understand too Smile )
andrew.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:35 pm   Post subject: RE:Animated Sprites Engine

What do you mean? Zren is his username.
Cezna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Animated Sprites Engine

....Embarassed
I am so much fail, I missed the username, just looked at the avatar, and this is the first I've seen of Zren's new avatar.

Man I gotta stop postin' so early in the morning...
Zren

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:28 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Animated Sprites Engine

Cezna @ Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:19 pm wrote:
....Embarassed
I am so much fail, I missed the username, just looked at the avatar, and this is the first I've seen of Zren's new avatar.

Man I gotta stop postin' so early in the morning...

Yeah, sorry, grouchy-faced Malcolm Renolds was starting to make me feel grouchy myself. And I for one sir, am not le grouch. Though truthfully, it is misleading as a title. Though I've a habit of ASCII art text for projects headers and "Animated Sprite Engine" is way too long. Oh well. Enjoy.
Lucman909

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Animated Sprites Engine

Aha amazing man! Smile
I love this !
I to will be looking through the code for sure! (:
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: