Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DWITE Round 7 2010 ...
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Shah-Cuber

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:02 pm   Post subject: DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

Errr ... 'nough said.

However, can we reschedule for tomorrow perhaps? Confused
I actually want to at least do one round for the year ...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jli1

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:42 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

Yeah, what was with that...

For a while it said the contest was actually over, and that all teams had 0 points. Some malfunction in the system..
A.J

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:44 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

DDo...
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:52 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

As many of you have noticed, just as round 7 started the dwite.org server went down. This was due to a DDoS attack occurring at the same time causing the server to become unavailable. As most users where unable to access the site, we have canceled the 7th round and will be rescheduling it for a latter date once we have assessed the damage and put measures in place to stop this from occurring in future rounds.

There will be an update latter this week (both posted on the dwite site and e-mailed to users singed up for the 7th round) with the date and time of the make up round. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that you will be able to participate in the make up round.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Shah-Cuber

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:55 pm   Post subject: Re: DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

Hopefully before June Smile
jli1

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:30 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

Wow, who would actually bother to DDoS a site like this... What a waste of time and resources.
A.J

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:08 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

Well, although they were easy, I think that the questions were well suited for DWITE....too bad you have to make new ones now...
Shah-Cuber

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:31 pm   Post subject: Re: DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

@A.J: How could you see the problems if the entire site was down O.o
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Unnamed.t

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:21 pm   Post subject: Re: DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

@Shah-Cuber: I think the technique AJ used was to try to enter the site in many many different ways. By doing that he was able to access the site and log on. btw for a few minutes around 4:15 (I think) I was able to log in to my DWITE account. I was able to take a look at the first three problems before the servers crashed again.

I was able to solve question 2 and part of question 3 Smile. But of course I wasn't able to submit it.

And also, does anyone know why the basieproject.org is still home page for dwite.org ??
Shah-Cuber

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 pm   Post subject: Re: DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

Well, if some people already saw the questions, is it possible to post them anyways? No point of keeping questions without having people solving them Razz
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 pm   Post subject: Re: DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

Unnamed.t @ 19th May 2010, 8:21 pm wrote:

And also, does anyone know why the basieproject.org is still home page for dwite.org ??

It doesn't, try cleaning out your browsers cache.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
A.J

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:47 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Round 7 2010 ...

Well, seeing that you can't access the questions anymore, I'll provide a brief description of each of the questions here:

mod edit: *snip*
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: