Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Best O/S In Your Opinion
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
roer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:33 pm   Post subject: Best O/S In Your Opinion

Well for me it would have to be Mandrake currently, I'm going to try out Gentoo on the weekend but for now Mandrake takes the cake no problem. Im currently on dual boot with XP Pro and Mandrake 9.1 Smile What about you guys? What do you think the best O/S for your needs is?

EDIT : BTW, http://www.linuxiso.org/ just in case you want to get any linux distro without looking Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i like the linux os over all. i dont like windows much but use it alot becuse i am forced to by incomabitys with some hardware and software. i think that os's should all be open socrce and that you should not have to pay hundereds of doalors for one that will only install on one dam comp. (evil windows liceining and ativation crap)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
strife_8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hell, why not go back to old school DOS but im currently in the market for some linux distro, anybody have any recommendations?
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, I don't mind windows xp. Works fine for me.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There is no best OS,
Only one OS will be best in the far future... the one i make...
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

macosx.

--
the only downside i guess is that it is not free, and is designed to work best only on the Apple hardware.

--
i don't really care about that stupid downside.. just get ur hands on one.. its crazy//
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hah, yeah well. At least windows xp is free, and with it you can get lots of other free things too. Games, music, applications. Smile
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

my favourite is Macintosh
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Windows Xp.... free..???? Thinking
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There is no best OS there is an os for every lifestyle

IE

Windows = Average user , who wants an easy to run computer with support , and no work

Linux = your average modder of geek who wants to use somthing he can cange to his liking , so that ram isnt being wasted on garbage backround programs , also for those who are ANTI BILL ,

Mac = for the rich at heart , who can afford luxury this OS is desinged for their comps and is almost flawless , with a no crash garuntee and a lifetime support , the mac is the most well done of these few selections.

REMEMBER ITS JUST A BRIEF EXAMPLE there are many more OS out there , but try to understand they are all built for different reasons
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PHLAK - a distro of linux

[P]rofessional [H]acker's [L]inux [A]ssault [K]it

oh ya, and it boots from a cd, no install requied.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
FDisk87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

FreeBSD or GNU/Linux, Windows 2000 Professional and OSX 10.3 Panther are my current favourites in order of preference.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: