Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 WRITE THE DWITE CONTEST TO WIN
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:26 am   Post subject: WRITE THE DWITE CONTEST TO WIN

Hi im Justin from CCH In london , we wish our luck to everyone out there , please leave a msg if you were in the contest and what place you came in , i think that the higest place should get some bits so im offering my own competition ,

1st = 20 bits
2nd= 10 bits
3rd = 5 bits

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

j00 are all going down 8)

i mean... yeah good luck everyone.
EDIT: just looking at the list of registered teams... lol at "whatdotcolour (x, y) 4ever"
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:52 am   Post subject: THANKS MAZER

what school are you representing

im cch1
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer is from Massey - they had like 3~4 teams during the last DWITE. You should look for the post about that Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

screw it. my super awesome plan isn't gonna work. God damn all firewalls. Evil or Very Mad
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

? ooookay.. lol on the first dwite we had 5 teams
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I miss one contest and massey's highest team comes in 16th?! Get back to programming or I'll ban you all.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hehehe, well, people kinda gave up half way through. The prime number question was bothering us, ours took too long to get the answers (though having some good math people on our team really speeds up the process of finding primes, we use mod 6 to find primes, I think). Andy's team didn't read the question clearly, so they were generating all prime numbers under 1000000. After a long time of strenous work, we gave up.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Muhaha...nothing will stop Jack and Me. Well...Jack.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

after the disappointment of my top secret plan not working due to the school's firewall and my team's first program getting 0 points even though there was no problem with it, the contest got pretty boring. i think the highlight of the contest was watching dodge get so pissed off about the whatdotcolour team (which ended up with -4 points i think). by the way martin, you were on the whatdotcolour team just in case you were wondering.
anyways, dodge just kept saying that the guy who made that team must have been on compsci.ca and that he would take away the guy's bits everyday.

which is pretty hilarious considering the guy that made that team was... me. Razz Wink
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WOW , NOT ONE OF US CAME CLOSE TO WINNING THE CONTEST
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, the first team is usually that one guy by himself. I believe we came close one time, I don't know, I think we at least ended up in top ten, and when I say we, I meant Massey.
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

VASILLI .... I dont belive that he is a one man team , that guy has the programs done in like the first half hour
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

EVEY ONE DO HTE JANUARY 15TH CONTEST
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wait... the 15th? thrusday janurary 15th? well i do believe that's the day massey has it's starcraft tournament. you should all ask dodge for details... and more importantly, ask him for the poster he made (he spent alot of time on getting the spelling perfect) Wink Wink
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: